Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Dr. Z

Posted by Barbara TX on 11/14/00 at 15:53 (032733)

I finaly think that I may be seeing a little improvement of my heel and the Achilles tendonitis seems to be better after some major rest and using the crutches... and now the problem seems to be pain in my forefoot, between my third and fourth toe. I noticed a couple of months ago that I was no longer able to separate my third and forth toe when I 'fan' them out. I can press on the top and the bottom of the foot to produce pain, and when I press the foot together I can produce pain. I feel no bumps of any sort, and no feeling that I am stepping on something. It is a radiating, nervy pain that makes my whole forefoot very sore. It is most likely that I did this protecting my heel for so long, using only the front of my feet. Do you think that I have just irritated a metatarsal head, or that I have a neuroma somewhere in there? Right now I am just concentrating on walking on my heel correctly, hoping it will go away. Possible? Pipedream? Heat? Rest? Surgery? Smash it with a ladle? Lobotomy? I would like to let it alone if there's a possibility that it will resolve itself. Let me know what you think... B.

P.S. I'll be five weeks past ESWT on Friday, and my heel continues to improve. Oh, how I wish I could 'beam' my left foot to you like on Star Trek.

Re: To Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/14/00 at 18:20 (032744)

Hi,

It sounds like either a nerve, tendon, bursitis all from placing all or some of the weight of your foot to the front . It calls protecting the heel . I like to use metatarsal padding placed just in front of the met head. I am going to have Roxanne send you a pack. This will make alot of difference.

I don't remember feeling any neuroma or bursitis when i saw you but I will check the records.

Dr. Z

Barbara TX on 11/14/00 at 19:18 (032750)

Thank you, Dr. Z. I'm pretty sure that you didn't feel anything unusual, and neither do I, except for the pain. I'll call Roxanne tomorrow and give her my address. Bless you, B.

Dr.Zuckerman on 11/14/00 at 20:46 (032757)

You don't have to call it has already done via e-mail

Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/14/00 at 18:20 (032744)

Hi,

It sounds like either a nerve, tendon, bursitis all from placing all or some of the weight of your foot to the front . It calls protecting the heel . I like to use metatarsal padding placed just in front of the met head. I am going to have Roxanne send you a pack. This will make alot of difference.

I don't remember feeling any neuroma or bursitis when i saw you but I will check the records.

Dr. Z

Barbara TX on 11/14/00 at 19:18 (032750)

Thank you, Dr. Z. I'm pretty sure that you didn't feel anything unusual, and neither do I, except for the pain. I'll call Roxanne tomorrow and give her my address. Bless you, B.

Dr.Zuckerman on 11/14/00 at 20:46 (032757)

You don't have to call it has already done via e-mail

Dr. Z