Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

8 weeks post op

Posted by Dianab on 11/15/00 at 11:41 (032773)

>
Hello doctors and everyone else,As I stated I am 8 weeks post-op And my heel feels great I had the open surgery. However I am now out of the boot and doing work hardening pt and my ankle is sore when I walk. Its like when I roll from my heel to toes that I have painon the top of my foot from the outside to inside of my ankle any ideas on what is causing this. I am due to go back to work in 2 weeks (8 hours on concrete floors). If it helps any my doctor did a full release leaving the outside band in tact.

Re: 8 weeks post op

Dr.Biehler on 11/15/00 at 12:15 (032777)

A change in the biomechanics of the foot do to the release. The arch is not held in the same postion or in the same way. It takes awhile for the foot to adjust. Don't over do it because it feels good. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/15/00 at 15:23 (032784)

This could take months to go away. If you over due it at work or at home this could put you in a long, painful recovery. So please take my advice. Go slow. Any pain is a sign to not keep doing the activity.

Dr.Biehler on 11/15/00 at 12:15 (032777)

A change in the biomechanics of the foot do to the release. The arch is not held in the same postion or in the same way. It takes awhile for the foot to adjust. Don't over do it because it feels good. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/15/00 at 15:23 (032784)

This could take months to go away. If you over due it at work or at home this could put you in a long, painful recovery. So please take my advice. Go slow. Any pain is a sign to not keep doing the activity.