Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

possible ruptured PF

Posted by Elizabeth P on 11/16/00 at 12:40 (032853)

>
I have suffered with PF for @3 months. My doctor (a Pod) has tried taping, drugs, and rest. This is nearly impossible as I am an elementary librarian with three kids of my own, who coaches Cross country and Basketball. My pain is in the arch but mainly on the inside of the heel. Two nights ago I felt a popping and a crunching, had horrible pain and some discoloration. I called my doctor, he felt that I may have ruptured some of the fibers. Told me to stay on crutches and call him in a week or two. I am going to a sports medicine clinic this afternoon, but I really don't know who to trust. What's next after a rupture. My Dr. said that I did his job for him and now I don't need surgery. I have refused cort shots and would really like to treat the problem and stop treating the systems. What should be my next option? Thanks.

Re: possible ruptured PF

Dr. Biehler on 11/16/00 at 17:40 (032867)

Sounds like a grade one or two sprain of the posterior tibial tendon if the tear is in the arch. This needs compression,support and rest to heal. If the tear was of the plantar fascia it still will need rest to heal. Your next step is to evaluate your shoe gear and mabe get orthotics to support the weakened areas. Dr. B.

Re: possible ruptured PF

Dr. Biehler on 11/16/00 at 17:40 (032867)

Sounds like a grade one or two sprain of the posterior tibial tendon if the tear is in the arch. This needs compression,support and rest to heal. If the tear was of the plantar fascia it still will need rest to heal. Your next step is to evaluate your shoe gear and mabe get orthotics to support the weakened areas. Dr. B.