Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF - Accupuncture or accupresure Treatment

Posted by James W on 11/16/00 at 13:53 (032857)

>
Dear Sir, I've just visited your web site for the first time and found it very helpful. I've had a heel spur (confirmed by X-Ray) on my left foot for about 7 months now and although it's not worse it's not any better either. I've been using a heel cushion with hole for about a week and am still waiting to see any improvement. Prior to that I was using Spenco Insoles (both feet) but no hole in the left one. I've also been doing stretching and initially I tried physiotherapy: ultrasound, magnetic resonance and hot and cold baths with little or no improvement and even that was very temporary, from a few hours to a day. My question is whether or not accupuncture or accupressure has been found to give any long-lasting relief from pain as mine is almost continual although mine is low level pain. I'm unable to use ant-inflammatory pills as I have twice had ulcerative colitis. I also note from your web site that the German Ibuprofen Cream Dolgel gel seems to be effective and would like to have your comments on that.
Many thanks, James

Re: PF - Accupuncture or accupresure Treatment

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/16/00 at 17:48 (032870)

Hi,

take a look at Scott's online book and the information contained in the
booklet by Mike Wilmott who is a certified physical therapist. The causes of pf and heel spur pain need to be understood before you can start an effective treatment,. I hope that this was helpful

Dr. Biehler on 11/16/00 at 17:49 (032871)

There are many causes of heel pain and the spur by itself does not usually cause the pain. If the inserts you are using are not helping it probably means your problem does not have to do with lack of cushioning for your heel. Reading Scott's book on heel pain ( just click on it at the top of the page ) is a good place to start along with trying to get a proper diagnosis of what is causing the pain before you start with the differnt treatments. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/16/00 at 17:48 (032870)

Hi,

take a look at Scott's online book and the information contained in the
booklet by Mike Wilmott who is a certified physical therapist. The causes of pf and heel spur pain need to be understood before you can start an effective treatment,. I hope that this was helpful

Dr. Biehler on 11/16/00 at 17:49 (032871)

There are many causes of heel pain and the spur by itself does not usually cause the pain. If the inserts you are using are not helping it probably means your problem does not have to do with lack of cushioning for your heel. Reading Scott's book on heel pain ( just click on it at the top of the page ) is a good place to start along with trying to get a proper diagnosis of what is causing the pain before you start with the differnt treatments. Dr. B.