Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoe anatomy

Posted by Richard, C.Ped on 11/17/00 at 15:01 (032949)

I just added a section to my web site about shoe anatomy. It lists the different parts of the shoe. If you click on my name at the top of the page, it should take you directly to the site.

I added it sort of quickly, so I would appreciate any proofreading that comes my way. Let me know if everything is spelled correctly and if my facts are accurate.
Thanx!
Richard, C.Ped

Re: Where is your website?

Beverly on 11/17/00 at 19:14 (032971)

eom...

Re: Shoe anatomy

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/19/00 at 16:16 (033084)

i have some picture of the shoe that I would be happy to let your use. i have an old book that my father . Big Dr.Z gave me. Actually i took the book . It is an old book by a Dr. Philip Brockman. I believe he was one of the founder of the Dr. Scholl School of Podiatric Medicine. So let me know or Kate. The book is in my office. I am not worried about copyright. He is long gone and so is the company that published the book

Nancy S. on 11/19/00 at 20:49 (033100)

Beverly, click on Richard Graham's name (in blue) at the top of Scott's shoes/orthotics etc. board. It takes you to his site. The site has a wonderful light jigsaw-puzzle background that has me mesmerized. I think I'll have to visit it every day to get a dose.
Beverly, how are you doing after your traumatic day at the orthotist's?
Nancy

Richard, C.Ped on 11/20/00 at 07:45 (033137)

Thanx all for the suggestions/corrections/and comments. Nancy, wow, I did not know I was that bad at spelling---but I did try to add the page quickly before the weekend.

Amy, it took me about an hour to find the picture I posted. I tried to find one with arrows pointing to the different parts of the shoe. I think I will try to draw one an post it.

Dr. Z, since you were the one who gave me the idea for the anatomy section, I would be happy to see the picture you have. Are you able to scan it and email it to me?

Beverly, I think Nancy told you about the link to the site using my name at the top of the board. If it does not work, try this:
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SupportSt/metatarsalgia/

Thanx again! I will do the spelling corrections soon. I also want to add a section at the bottom for choosing shoes.
Richard

Beverly on 11/17/00 at 19:14 (032971)

eom...

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/19/00 at 16:16 (033084)

i have some picture of the shoe that I would be happy to let your use. i have an old book that my father . Big Dr.Z gave me. Actually i took the book . It is an old book by a Dr. Philip Brockman. I believe he was one of the founder of the Dr. Scholl School of Podiatric Medicine. So let me know or Kate. The book is in my office. I am not worried about copyright. He is long gone and so is the company that published the book

Nancy S. on 11/19/00 at 20:49 (033100)

Beverly, click on Richard Graham's name (in blue) at the top of Scott's shoes/orthotics etc. board. It takes you to his site. The site has a wonderful light jigsaw-puzzle background that has me mesmerized. I think I'll have to visit it every day to get a dose.
Beverly, how are you doing after your traumatic day at the orthotist's?
Nancy

Richard, C.Ped on 11/20/00 at 07:45 (033137)

Thanx all for the suggestions/corrections/and comments. Nancy, wow, I did not know I was that bad at spelling---but I did try to add the page quickly before the weekend.

Amy, it took me about an hour to find the picture I posted. I tried to find one with arrows pointing to the different parts of the shoe. I think I will try to draw one an post it.

Dr. Z, since you were the one who gave me the idea for the anatomy section, I would be happy to see the picture you have. Are you able to scan it and email it to me?

Beverly, I think Nancy told you about the link to the site using my name at the top of the board. If it does not work, try this:
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SupportSt/metatarsalgia/

Thanx again! I will do the spelling corrections soon. I also want to add a section at the bottom for choosing shoes.
Richard