Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PowerStep inserts

Posted by Scott R on 11/19/00 at 19:47 (033096)

Dr. Les Appel finally agreed to pay an advertising fee so that I could place his insert on the home page. Out of probably 30 pairs of inserts, there's probably only 3 I like, and this one's one of the best. I was saying it was the best, but feet or so different, I'm refraining from say that. Dr. Zuckerman and a lot of other podiatrists sell these from their offices. I've tried it on 2 friends who had heel pain, and they both liked it. I have high arches and one of them has flat feet, so I guess it'll work on both types. One of the friends kept my pair (he didn't know about my website until he stumbled across it and was quite surprised he knew the owner). If anyone has experience with these, please post your comments so that I can copy this thread to the home page so that potential customers can see them. I'll post all comments, good and bad.

Re: PowerStep inserts

Beverly on 11/20/00 at 10:51 (033151)

I tried Powersteps, and at first I thought they were wonderful. They do feel very good on my right foot. Unfortunately, the arch is too high for the left foot. I wish there was some way to adjust it. The high arch on the Powersteps bothered my left arch. Unlike Spencos, as far as I know, Powersteps are not adjustable.
Beverly

Re: Scott, what are the other two inserts you like?

Beverly on 11/20/00 at 10:52 (033152)

eom

Charles T on 11/23/00 at 10:38 (033357)

Scott:
What does the material on the topsheet( side next to foot) feel like?
Does it have a smooth feel as in rubber or a felt material like feel?

Scott R on 11/23/00 at 11:09 (033359)

It's kind of felt-like. Maybe about like coarse or rough blue jeans for better gripping probably to help make it good for running (no slipping).

Beverly on 11/20/00 at 10:51 (033151)

I tried Powersteps, and at first I thought they were wonderful. They do feel very good on my right foot. Unfortunately, the arch is too high for the left foot. I wish there was some way to adjust it. The high arch on the Powersteps bothered my left arch. Unlike Spencos, as far as I know, Powersteps are not adjustable.
Beverly

Re: Scott, what are the other two inserts you like?

Beverly on 11/20/00 at 10:52 (033152)

eom

Charles T on 11/23/00 at 10:38 (033357)

Scott:
What does the material on the topsheet( side next to foot) feel like?
Does it have a smooth feel as in rubber or a felt material like feel?

Scott R on 11/23/00 at 11:09 (033359)

It's kind of felt-like. Maybe about like coarse or rough blue jeans for better gripping probably to help make it good for running (no slipping).