Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PowerStep

Posted by Lana R on 11/19/00 at 21:10 (033102)

I agree with Scott about the PowerStep's being the best I have tried. I have had 4 custom orthotics made including the Foot Maxx and have a big box full of over-the-counter ones. I have had PF in my right foot for 8 years, had 8 cortizone shots and finally PF release. Just had EPF on my left foot on 10/31/00. The PowerStep's feel the best because they aren't as hard and rigid as the other prescription orthotics.

Re: PowerStep

Bob G. on 11/20/00 at 02:52 (033125)

Hello Lana,

I am a little confused. You posted about your right foot PF for 8 years, then EPF (what's that?) on your left foot.

Say it again in plain english. Thanks! BG

Lana R on 11/20/00 at 22:34 (033202)

Bob,
I had a plantar fascia release on my right foot in '98 and an endoscopic plantar fasciotomy (EPF) on my left foot on 10/31/00. Sorry for the confusion.

Re: PowerStep: Any way to lower the arch? Otherwise, agree.

Beverly on 11/21/00 at 14:01 (033247)

I was so enthused when I first got the Powersteps. But the arch was too high for my left foot. I just wish there was some way to lower the arch on the left foot. The heel support is the best I've tried, but my left arch is not as high as my other foot and it ends up getting irriated in the Powersteps.
Beverly

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/23/00 at 08:11 (033350)

The main draw back with the powerstep is that it is an orthosis that goes by size and it isn't a custom orthosis. People may need to have a casted custom orthosis. This may be what you need

Bob G. on 11/20/00 at 02:52 (033125)

Hello Lana,

I am a little confused. You posted about your right foot PF for 8 years, then EPF (what's that?) on your left foot.

Say it again in plain english. Thanks! BG

Lana R on 11/20/00 at 22:34 (033202)

Bob,
I had a plantar fascia release on my right foot in '98 and an endoscopic plantar fasciotomy (EPF) on my left foot on 10/31/00. Sorry for the confusion.

Beverly on 11/21/00 at 14:01 (033247)

I was so enthused when I first got the Powersteps. But the arch was too high for my left foot. I just wish there was some way to lower the arch on the left foot. The heel support is the best I've tried, but my left arch is not as high as my other foot and it ends up getting irriated in the Powersteps.
Beverly

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/23/00 at 08:11 (033350)

The main draw back with the powerstep is that it is an orthosis that goes by size and it isn't a custom orthosis. People may need to have a casted custom orthosis. This may be what you need