Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

entrapped nerve-surgery

Posted by Susan Gray on 11/20/00 at 08:49 (033145)

I have been diagnosed with an entrapped nerve in my heel. I also have a heel spur on the same foot. 1-1/2 years of growing pain. Searching for doctor to actually treat. Leahy Clinic did a cordizone shot in heel and has had me wear a boot for the past month. Pain is still present and we will be talking surgery now. Anyone have any experience with this type. Doctor said he would address nerve and while in there, remove the spur. I am really concerned about the down time and potential long term affects. I am a farmer and on my feet all day. Thanks for any feedback. Please email me direct at sgray@javanet.com

Re: entrapped nerve-surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/28/00 at 02:35 (033704)

I would have an mri before any type of surgery. ESWT could be the right approach for you . If ESWT is right for your then we have been doing miminial incison heel spur surgery . this is a les invasive procedure. With all types type of heel spur surgery you ar talking about six months of down time for this procedure. With the open type of surgyery it could take up to one year. has your doctor explained the healing time. We have patients that do extremely well with ESWT. Take a look at the web site or call my ESWT coordinator Katie she can speak to you about ESWT and even send you a video. Her telephone number is 1-856-848-3338 . You will find her to be very knowledgeable and at the same time very caring.

Susan Gray on 11/29/00 at 13:20 (033807)

Thanks for feedback I am receiving. I have Doctor appt on 12/5 to discuss next step, possibly surgery. I need to minimize down time. If it is a nerve entrapment, why would I mess with the heel spur? I need some help on what the questions I need to ask doc. I still have not had MRI or EMG. Are they imperative to be done first? Thanks again for any and all help. Email sgray@javanet.com

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/28/00 at 02:35 (033704)

I would have an mri before any type of surgery. ESWT could be the right approach for you . If ESWT is right for your then we have been doing miminial incison heel spur surgery . this is a les invasive procedure. With all types type of heel spur surgery you ar talking about six months of down time for this procedure. With the open type of surgyery it could take up to one year. has your doctor explained the healing time. We have patients that do extremely well with ESWT. Take a look at the web site or call my ESWT coordinator Katie she can speak to you about ESWT and even send you a video. Her telephone number is 1-856-848-3338 . You will find her to be very knowledgeable and at the same time very caring.

Susan Gray on 11/29/00 at 13:20 (033807)

Thanks for feedback I am receiving. I have Doctor appt on 12/5 to discuss next step, possibly surgery. I need to minimize down time. If it is a nerve entrapment, why would I mess with the heel spur? I need some help on what the questions I need to ask doc. I still have not had MRI or EMG. Are they imperative to be done first? Thanks again for any and all help. Email sgray@javanet.com