Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z: Had my MRI today. Regular study and then one with dye.

Posted by Beverly on 11/20/00 at 17:19 (033177)

Dr. Z.,

My MRI was today. Thought it wasn't until Wed, but I had my dates wrong.

It took almost two hours. First, they did each foot with a regular MRI study, and then injected dye for a better contrast and did the thing again.
I asked the tech if this included the ankles. He said just a little bit of the beginning part of the ankle. He said for a complete study of the ankles, that would be a separate order. So, I won't know until after I get the results back if it took in enough of the ankle to answer your questions.
But if it took that long to do my feet, I really wouldn't have wanted to be cooped up in the thing any longer.

Thanks for your support and interest in my case. I'll let you know when I know something. Since this is a holiday week, I don't expect the results until next week.
Thanks,
Beverly

Re: Dr. Z: Had my MRI today. Regular study and then one with dye.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/21/00 at 22:44 (033278)

What did you tell them . You really get the full treatment including the dye. It was just this past few months that I am starting to see mri with dye studies. It did pick up a neuroma in the interspace for one of my patients.

Dr. Z

Beverly on 11/22/00 at 10:11 (033298)

Hi Dr. Z,

Wow! I didn't know the dye study was new. I'm happy to know I got the full treatment!

I told them that this has totally changed my life and I don't even go to the grocery store without riding the electric scooter. Listed how long this saga has been going on despite months of PT...

You peaked my interest when you told Dale that plain x-rays won't show the Plantar Fascia. It makes me wonder if I've walked around for months with a torn fascia.

I just hope the MRI shows enough of my ankle for you to determine the PTT involvement. The tech told me this study of the foot only shows a little of the beginning of the ankle.

I see the PA next Thursday on the results. I am more eager than ever for you to also read it, because I just learned that the doctor will be out-of-town for several weeks and so the PA will be the one reading it (besides the radiologist's report). I will be happy to pay you your standard fee for reading an MRI.

If the MRI does show PTT, does this mean I can't have EWST until the PTT goes away? Also, what about my hamstring strain/tear. I was told that can take months to heal. Will it interfere with EWST success?
Thanks for all your help,
Beverly

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/21/00 at 22:44 (033278)

What did you tell them . You really get the full treatment including the dye. It was just this past few months that I am starting to see mri with dye studies. It did pick up a neuroma in the interspace for one of my patients.

Dr. Z

Beverly on 11/22/00 at 10:11 (033298)

Hi Dr. Z,

Wow! I didn't know the dye study was new. I'm happy to know I got the full treatment!

I told them that this has totally changed my life and I don't even go to the grocery store without riding the electric scooter. Listed how long this saga has been going on despite months of PT...

You peaked my interest when you told Dale that plain x-rays won't show the Plantar Fascia. It makes me wonder if I've walked around for months with a torn fascia.

I just hope the MRI shows enough of my ankle for you to determine the PTT involvement. The tech told me this study of the foot only shows a little of the beginning of the ankle.

I see the PA next Thursday on the results. I am more eager than ever for you to also read it, because I just learned that the doctor will be out-of-town for several weeks and so the PA will be the one reading it (besides the radiologist's report). I will be happy to pay you your standard fee for reading an MRI.

If the MRI does show PTT, does this mean I can't have EWST until the PTT goes away? Also, what about my hamstring strain/tear. I was told that can take months to heal. Will it interfere with EWST success?
Thanks for all your help,
Beverly