Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

5 months after surgery

Posted by Emily on 11/20/00 at 20:03 (033190)

It has been 5 months since I had heel spurs removed from both feet and plantar fascial release. And my feet hurt as much now as they did before the surgery. I am starting to believe that my feet will never be pain free again. When I initially went to the doctor he gave me a series of three shots in each heel. The shots did not work and so he did the surgery. Also during this period I developed a mortons neuroma between my second and third toe which he also removed. The doctor said that the mortons neuroma developed because I walked on my toes for three month prior to surgery. I have tried to stay off my feet as much as possible, and I have taken enough pills for the swelling and pain to start my own pharmacy and nothing has helped. I am getting so frustrated I don't know what to do anymore, any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Re: 5 months after surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/20/00 at 22:07 (033200)

Hi,

this is a tough situation. You need to get to physical therapy as soon as possible. Call your doctor and discuss this with him

Re: 5 months after surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/20/00 at 22:07 (033200)

Hi,

this is a tough situation. You need to get to physical therapy as soon as possible. Call your doctor and discuss this with him