Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Vitamin therapy for heel spurs

Posted by kiki c on 11/20/00 at 21:35 (033198)

Would someone please tell me the amount of calcium, magnesium and any other supplements necessary to relieve my pain from heel spurs? Please tell me the mg. and how often and time of day. Thank you all very much.

Re: Vitamin therapy for heel spurs

Marjorita on 11/24/00 at 09:44 (033387)

Hi Kiki,

I don't know what kind of supplements to take for heel spurs. I have pf, not heel spurs. You may want to email Dr. Zimmerman (see his address on this site) about calcium, magnesium, etc. especially as they relate to spurs.

As for me, I thought that improved nutrition would help me in healing. I follow Dr. Andrew Weil's suggestions (8 Weeks to Optimum Health, etc.), and trust him because he's an MD and a supporter of alternative medecine.

I take a multiple and supplement the multiple to his recommended levels because with vitamins, the correct BALANCE is important. And now I cannot find his recommendations, and I don't want to give you wrong information. He has a Web site, http://www.drweilselfhealing.com and a newsletter.

Hope this gives you something to go on.

Re: Vitamin therapy for heel spurs

Marjorita on 11/24/00 at 09:44 (033387)

Hi Kiki,

I don't know what kind of supplements to take for heel spurs. I have pf, not heel spurs. You may want to email Dr. Zimmerman (see his address on this site) about calcium, magnesium, etc. especially as they relate to spurs.

As for me, I thought that improved nutrition would help me in healing. I follow Dr. Andrew Weil's suggestions (8 Weeks to Optimum Health, etc.), and trust him because he's an MD and a supporter of alternative medecine.

I take a multiple and supplement the multiple to his recommended levels because with vitamins, the correct BALANCE is important. And now I cannot find his recommendations, and I don't want to give you wrong information. He has a Web site, http://www.drweilselfhealing.com and a newsletter.

Hope this gives you something to go on.