Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Flat

Posted by Guest on 11/23/00 at 09:08 (033355)

I have foot flat and they cause me some problems.
I'd like to know what are the currently surgery options to cure foot flat.
I do sports of foot hard contact so I'd like to know if there are operations that don't give me other problems.
Sorry for my bad english

Re: Foot Flat

Dr. Biehler on 11/23/00 at 22:06 (033374)

The first step is to find out what has caused your feet to be flat. This could be bone position, bone shape,tendon or ligament, etc. After that is determined you can then deside what you want to do. Dr. B.

Guest on 11/24/00 at 16:49 (033411)

Dear Dr. Bieheler thanks for your replay.
I'can post other information about it and if you need i can send some my foots' radiografy by E-Mail.
When I'm born both foots had a congenital malformation (twisted/tortuous/flat) so they have plaster both foots and I have used a shoes whit planter since I wos 11.
Now both foots are flat and I have some problems in jumping and running becouse tendons hurt me.
Do you think that is possible to cure it whit a surgery operation?
If yes do you think that after I have fragility problems? (for exemple that I' can't play soccer?).
Good bye and sorry again for my bad english.

Guest on 11/24/00 at 16:55 (033412)

I have wrong a sentence.
I have used a shoes whit planter since I wos 11 is wrong.
The right is :

I have used a shoes whit plantar since I can walk to 11 years old.

Dr. Biehler on 11/24/00 at 18:40 (033419)

You would have to find a surgen that does foot reconstructive surgery and discuss your situation with him. I have met some and heard them lecture, the Doctors that do this are usually extremely well trained and you would probably only find them in a large city were there is enough of this kind of work for them to do. It is only after discussing it with this kind of Doctor that you can have your questions answered. Good luck. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/28/00 at 02:25 (033702)

Hi,

It sounds like you are in alot of pain. How old are you. Depending upon your age and occupation surgery could help you. In my office outside of Philadelphia we have two surgeons that specialize in ankle and foot reconstruction., They do at least one -two on these type of surgeries each month. They both have had four year fellowship training in this area of foot surgery. so if you live in my area just let me know.

Dr. Biehler on 11/23/00 at 22:06 (033374)

The first step is to find out what has caused your feet to be flat. This could be bone position, bone shape,tendon or ligament, etc. After that is determined you can then deside what you want to do. Dr. B.

Guest on 11/24/00 at 16:49 (033411)

Dear Dr. Bieheler thanks for your replay.
I'can post other information about it and if you need i can send some my foots' radiografy by E-Mail.
When I'm born both foots had a congenital malformation (twisted/tortuous/flat) so they have plaster both foots and I have used a shoes whit planter since I wos 11.
Now both foots are flat and I have some problems in jumping and running becouse tendons hurt me.
Do you think that is possible to cure it whit a surgery operation?
If yes do you think that after I have fragility problems? (for exemple that I' can't play soccer?).
Good bye and sorry again for my bad english.

Guest on 11/24/00 at 16:55 (033412)

I have wrong a sentence.
I have used a shoes whit planter since I wos 11 is wrong.
The right is :

I have used a shoes whit plantar since I can walk to 11 years old.

Dr. Biehler on 11/24/00 at 18:40 (033419)

You would have to find a surgen that does foot reconstructive surgery and discuss your situation with him. I have met some and heard them lecture, the Doctors that do this are usually extremely well trained and you would probably only find them in a large city were there is enough of this kind of work for them to do. It is only after discussing it with this kind of Doctor that you can have your questions answered. Good luck. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/28/00 at 02:25 (033702)

Hi,

It sounds like you are in alot of pain. How old are you. Depending upon your age and occupation surgery could help you. In my office outside of Philadelphia we have two surgeons that specialize in ankle and foot reconstruction., They do at least one -two on these type of surgeries each month. They both have had four year fellowship training in this area of foot surgery. so if you live in my area just let me know.