Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thoro socks now come in winter colors!

Posted by Beverly on 11/23/00 at 19:21 (033371)

I am a dedicated Thoro sock wearer. They are just about the only socks I wear. Slowly, I've collected them a pair or two a month since they are expensive. Recently, I discovered a winter version in brown and in black.
Thoro's have extra support in the arch and heel, and some have extra padding in the toes. They are also thick and warm.

Hope everyone ate lots of turkey!
Beverly

Re: The right sock helps

Helene M on 11/24/00 at 12:01 (033396)

It's interesting that there is very little mentioned on these boards about the need to wear a good sock for PF. I, too, think Thorlo socks have great padding. I've spent $14.00 a pair for their hiking socks, but then again I've already spent thousands of dollars on this condition. The wool blend ones I bought shrank too much, though, which was disappointing, considering the price. I think the correct sock is about 10% of the battle. Maybe 10% is not much but every little bit helps.

Re: Thoro socks now come in winter colors!

Barbara M on 12/08/00 at 15:10 (034506)

Beverly where can you get those Thoro socks
Barbara

Re: The right sock helps

Helene M on 11/24/00 at 12:01 (033396)

It's interesting that there is very little mentioned on these boards about the need to wear a good sock for PF. I, too, think Thorlo socks have great padding. I've spent $14.00 a pair for their hiking socks, but then again I've already spent thousands of dollars on this condition. The wool blend ones I bought shrank too much, though, which was disappointing, considering the price. I think the correct sock is about 10% of the battle. Maybe 10% is not much but every little bit helps.

Re: Thoro socks now come in winter colors!

Barbara M on 12/08/00 at 15:10 (034506)

Beverly where can you get those Thoro socks
Barbara