Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain

Posted by ASH on 11/24/00 at 00:47 (033376)

I am 31 years old male. I have been having heel pain in both of my legs. It is usually a lot early in the morning when I get out of the bed or if I stand after sitting for a while, standing or walking on hard floors for sometime. I have been having this problem since more than a year. I am also taking homeopathic treatment for it since almost a year now. Not much improvement considering the fact that I have been taking this medication since around a year. Sometimes the pain becomes almost unbearable.

Please let me know what can be done about it and I have been bearing this pain since almost a year now.

Please help !!!!!

ASH

Re: heel pain

Bob G. on 11/24/00 at 02:15 (033378)

I was once in your situation. This was ten years ago, my first encounter with PF and in both feet at the same time.

A foot doctor told me to use Birkenstock arch supports in my shoes and to do simple wall stretching. It worked after about a month.

I subsequently stopped the stretching and continued to run barefoot, big mistake.

I am not a doctor, and perhaps a doctor can give you better advice. No two people are alike.

E-mail me if you'd like specifics. BG

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/24/00 at 03:49 (033380)

In must be informed about pf . To start on off this is Scott Robert's book . Take a look. Never go without shoes . And don't try to walk off the pain when first getting. See a doctor and get a full evalution. Eary treatment or better yet early complete evaluation and diagnosis is extremely important. Early reading of Scott Robert book is a must and can and will help you. Any specific question be hapyp to ask. There are alot of great people on this board who can help you including me . We are all here for you. So get started by getting an evaluation and x-rays

ASH on 11/24/00 at 13:26 (033404)

I heard that magnesium glycinate might be good to try for heel spurs. Is it true?? Will it help .

ASH

steph on 11/24/00 at 18:28 (033416)

I know how you feel my heal hurts all the time but i dont take medican

Melody on 11/26/00 at 15:56 (033555)

Steph my foot hurts and I don't take medicine and my heel and ankle makes my right foot hurt and I do take orthotics and a ice pack but I would not call that medicine. And I know how it feels also.

Bob G. on 11/24/00 at 02:15 (033378)

I was once in your situation. This was ten years ago, my first encounter with PF and in both feet at the same time.

A foot doctor told me to use Birkenstock arch supports in my shoes and to do simple wall stretching. It worked after about a month.

I subsequently stopped the stretching and continued to run barefoot, big mistake.

I am not a doctor, and perhaps a doctor can give you better advice. No two people are alike.

E-mail me if you'd like specifics. BG

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/24/00 at 03:49 (033380)

In must be informed about pf . To start on off this is Scott Robert's book . Take a look. Never go without shoes . And don't try to walk off the pain when first getting. See a doctor and get a full evalution. Eary treatment or better yet early complete evaluation and diagnosis is extremely important. Early reading of Scott Robert book is a must and can and will help you. Any specific question be hapyp to ask. There are alot of great people on this board who can help you including me . We are all here for you. So get started by getting an evaluation and x-rays

ASH on 11/24/00 at 13:26 (033404)

I heard that magnesium glycinate might be good to try for heel spurs. Is it true?? Will it help .

ASH

steph on 11/24/00 at 18:28 (033416)

I know how you feel my heal hurts all the time but i dont take medican

Melody on 11/26/00 at 15:56 (033555)

Steph my foot hurts and I don't take medicine and my heel and ankle makes my right foot hurt and I do take orthotics and a ice pack but I would not call that medicine. And I know how it feels also.