Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

i wanna know

Posted by steph on 11/24/00 at 15:27 (033407)

I would relly want to know 2 things.The first thing ishow do you know when its tim to have foot surgery?And just to let you know im 9 years old.And the second thing is that i wanna know why the back of my foot huts and trust me its not growing pains it been happining for some weeks now.

Re: when to have surgery...

T. Hurst on 11/26/00 at 20:30 (033579)

Steph - I think the time to have surgery is when you can honestly say: 1) I've tried everything else and it hasn't worked, and 2) I've done my homework and I think my doctor can do this surgery well and help me. Your parents can help you do your research, I'm sure. I've had surgery on both my feet, but only after I did these 2 things. Showing up at the hospital and putting your fate in a doctor's hands is the easy part. It is much harder to try to resolve the problem yourself by using the conservative treatments on this web site. I spend at least an hour/day stretching, massaging, icing, and strengthening my own feet. Try to help yourself first & avoid surgery if possible. Surgery is a risk that should be avoided if possible.

Re: i wanna know

Juoie F on 11/27/00 at 02:18 (033601)

Steph, did you do as the doctors suggested? Did you print your question and their answers out and show them to your mother? If you want your foot to stop hurting you really need her to help you.

Don't even think about surgery. The chances are you will never need it as your condition is probably Sever's disease and you will grow out of it. Meanwhile you need a note to excuse you from gym class. So get your mom onto the case!

Love to you, Julie

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/28/00 at 02:18 (033700)

So where is the report for the condition you have which is Sever's disease no tv for you. don't worry. Rest stop gym, You are going to end in a cast for about 4-6 weeks if you don't give you foot a rest .

steph on 11/28/00 at 17:46 (033746)

i dont know how to give it to you and what do you mean a cast

Julie F on 11/29/00 at 02:19 (033781)

Steph, dear, PLEASE bring your mom in on this. She will know how to help you and what to tell the doctor. If you want to help yourself, and get better, don't delay any more.

A cast is made of plaster. It is made to keep an injured part of you from moving, so that it can heal. You've probably seen them on people who have broken their arms or legs.

Stephanie on 12/03/00 at 14:44 (034101)

Well the only time i get off is weekends.And no one listens to me.

JudyS on 12/03/00 at 22:11 (034115)

Actuallly Steph, lots of folks here listen to you. Did you read the part where Dr. Biehler said you need to go to a doctor?
If you mean that your Mom is not listening to you, then try showing her this website. If you can't find the parts where you wrote things and then Dr. B wrote things, go to the top of the website and type in the word 'Steph' where it says SEARCH. Your Mom can help you with that. Ask you Mom if she will write a note to keep you out of gym class until you can get to a doctor. If talking to your Mom doesn't work, then go see the nurse at your school. Be sure to tell us when you get to talk to your Mom or the nurse.

steph on 12/06/00 at 15:54 (034342)

Well Judy my nurse relly dosent care i told my mom said no and by the way this is my moms favorite site.

Stephanie

Julie F on 12/07/00 at 02:28 (034377)

Stephanie, it's interesting to hear that this is your mom's favourite site. Is that because she has plantar fasciitis or some other problem with her feet? Maybe she thinks you are being a copy cat? Are you? I'm just guessing, but if your foot really hurts, I just can't believe that your mom isn't interested. Or the school nurse.

Who is your mom, by the way? If this is her favourite site, we probably know her.

Julie

T. Hurst on 11/26/00 at 20:30 (033579)

Steph - I think the time to have surgery is when you can honestly say: 1) I've tried everything else and it hasn't worked, and 2) I've done my homework and I think my doctor can do this surgery well and help me. Your parents can help you do your research, I'm sure. I've had surgery on both my feet, but only after I did these 2 things. Showing up at the hospital and putting your fate in a doctor's hands is the easy part. It is much harder to try to resolve the problem yourself by using the conservative treatments on this web site. I spend at least an hour/day stretching, massaging, icing, and strengthening my own feet. Try to help yourself first & avoid surgery if possible. Surgery is a risk that should be avoided if possible.

Juoie F on 11/27/00 at 02:18 (033601)

Steph, did you do as the doctors suggested? Did you print your question and their answers out and show them to your mother? If you want your foot to stop hurting you really need her to help you.

Don't even think about surgery. The chances are you will never need it as your condition is probably Sever's disease and you will grow out of it. Meanwhile you need a note to excuse you from gym class. So get your mom onto the case!

Love to you, Julie

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/28/00 at 02:18 (033700)

So where is the report for the condition you have which is Sever's disease no tv for you. don't worry. Rest stop gym, You are going to end in a cast for about 4-6 weeks if you don't give you foot a rest .

steph on 11/28/00 at 17:46 (033746)

i dont know how to give it to you and what do you mean a cast

Julie F on 11/29/00 at 02:19 (033781)

Steph, dear, PLEASE bring your mom in on this. She will know how to help you and what to tell the doctor. If you want to help yourself, and get better, don't delay any more.

A cast is made of plaster. It is made to keep an injured part of you from moving, so that it can heal. You've probably seen them on people who have broken their arms or legs.

Stephanie on 12/03/00 at 14:44 (034101)

Well the only time i get off is weekends.And no one listens to me.

JudyS on 12/03/00 at 22:11 (034115)

Actuallly Steph, lots of folks here listen to you. Did you read the part where Dr. Biehler said you need to go to a doctor?
If you mean that your Mom is not listening to you, then try showing her this website. If you can't find the parts where you wrote things and then Dr. B wrote things, go to the top of the website and type in the word 'Steph' where it says SEARCH. Your Mom can help you with that. Ask you Mom if she will write a note to keep you out of gym class until you can get to a doctor. If talking to your Mom doesn't work, then go see the nurse at your school. Be sure to tell us when you get to talk to your Mom or the nurse.

steph on 12/06/00 at 15:54 (034342)

Well Judy my nurse relly dosent care i told my mom said no and by the way this is my moms favorite site.

Stephanie

Julie F on 12/07/00 at 02:28 (034377)

Stephanie, it's interesting to hear that this is your mom's favourite site. Is that because she has plantar fasciitis or some other problem with her feet? Maybe she thinks you are being a copy cat? Are you? I'm just guessing, but if your foot really hurts, I just can't believe that your mom isn't interested. Or the school nurse.

Who is your mom, by the way? If this is her favourite site, we probably know her.

Julie