Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

So I went to see Dr. Quill

Posted by cindyp on 11/24/00 at 21:14 (033441)

This is what happened. He didn't look a day over 30. But here's the diagnosis. She has an antalgic gait. Passive motion is full, there is however a good deal of guarding when palpating anywhere near the plantar aspect of the foot, just anterior to the calcaneal weight bearing surface. Tinel's sign not present (wouldn't let me press that hard) some hypesthesia on the plantar aspect of the lateral three toes . Pulses are excellent, no sign of causalgia or dystrophy. No swelling or ecchymosis. There is thickness in the plantar fascia at what should be the apex of the arch on the right. There is fullness and sense of mass effect not seen on the left. Mri's are consistent with multi lobular or multi loculated mass, plantar aspect of the foot near the course of the lateral plantar nerve and intrinsic musculature of foot. Is tunor or mass of the plantar right foot, possible entrapment, lateral plantar nerve. Differential diagnosis includes anything from foreign body and scar to lipoma, or tumor neural or nerve sheath origin. This may even be a varicose vein collection with phleboliths. So then he said another radiologist (geez that makes 6or 7) is going to have alook see. This guy specializes in mri's of the extremeties. He did say that it wouldn't be really pleasant but could be taken out and no reason that it shouldn't be removed. Said there is no sense living like this anymore. I said you aren't getting and argument from me. Sorry so long.

Re: So I went to see Dr. Quill

Beverly on 11/24/00 at 23:58 (033447)

Cindy,

If you are our same Cindy who has suffered so long with no relief (the one most recently diagnosed with a Nueroma as I recall), this must be a relief that your doctor's found a reason for your pain and a solution.
I hope this leads you to light at the end of the tunnel. Was this your first MRI? Being a mere patient, I didn't understand most of what you quoted, but it does sound like your doctors have found evidence of what is causing your pain.

Keep us posted on what happens next.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/25/00 at 03:09 (033453)

I told you cindy that it could be removed. It isn't anywhere near the lateral plantar nerve. So when is he finally going to do this procedure.
I am glad that you are finally going somewhere local with this terrible foot pain. Good luck

Beverly on 11/24/00 at 23:58 (033447)

Cindy,

If you are our same Cindy who has suffered so long with no relief (the one most recently diagnosed with a Nueroma as I recall), this must be a relief that your doctor's found a reason for your pain and a solution.
I hope this leads you to light at the end of the tunnel. Was this your first MRI? Being a mere patient, I didn't understand most of what you quoted, but it does sound like your doctors have found evidence of what is causing your pain.

Keep us posted on what happens next.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/25/00 at 03:09 (033453)

I told you cindy that it could be removed. It isn't anywhere near the lateral plantar nerve. So when is he finally going to do this procedure.
I am glad that you are finally going somewhere local with this terrible foot pain. Good luck