Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post Op EPF

Posted by Laurie H on 11/24/00 at 23:25 (033445)

I had EPF on Sept 21, 2000 on my right foot. Left foot was done in Aug, 2000 and is doing pretty good other than a little pain here and there. My right foot, though, is giving me a fit. I was out of work for 3 weeks after surgery and had a cast on for the first 2 1/2 weeks. After taking that off, my foot started swelling and my doctor gave me a boot cast to wear and prescribed pt. I've been doing pt for a month now and do not see much results. The physical therapist is treating me for tendonitis as well as post op EPF. My foot is still terribly painful when I've been on it for longer than 15 minutes. I feel sharp pain and burning pain in my heel as well as the arch and tendons on the side of my foot. Is this normal two months after surgery. The doctor says that I may need another surgery. Please let me know your opinion. Thanks!

Re: Post Op EPF

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/25/00 at 13:47 (033486)

Having two feet done even at different times will take alot longer to heal sometimes six months or more. Get to physical therapy. I wouldn't have another foot surgery unless the doctor can tell you exactly why. If he is going to re-cut the fascia then wait nine months to one year

Re: Post Op EPF

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/25/00 at 13:47 (033486)

Having two feet done even at different times will take alot longer to heal sometimes six months or more. Get to physical therapy. I wouldn't have another foot surgery unless the doctor can tell you exactly why. If he is going to re-cut the fascia then wait nine months to one year