Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain

Posted by peter d on 11/25/00 at 14:15 (033489)

i have severe pain in my heel only when i wear shoes. i live in florida so i wear flip flops almost every day, i have limited pain when i get up in the mourning, but with the flip flops all day almost no pain, when i put on shoes my heel will hurt after five minutes and get worse, my doctor gave me nyproxin after my first visit and wanted to operate, after reading this site im not sure, he said he does not beleive in shots, i cant wear flip flops the rest of my life, please help

Re: heel pain

Dr. Biehler on 11/25/00 at 16:08 (033493)

You might have some fat pad atrophy under your heel. If so this requires some kind of artficial cushioning. You flip flops provide this. If this is the case, a cushioned heel insert for your shoes might work. If you feel this is not the case, then please tell us more about where the pain is located, what it feels like and what your doctor diagnosed it as. Thanks. Dr. B.

Re: heel pain

Dr. Biehler on 11/25/00 at 16:08 (033493)

You might have some fat pad atrophy under your heel. If so this requires some kind of artficial cushioning. You flip flops provide this. If this is the case, a cushioned heel insert for your shoes might work. If you feel this is not the case, then please tell us more about where the pain is located, what it feels like and what your doctor diagnosed it as. Thanks. Dr. B.