Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Physical Therapy post EPF surgery

Posted by Abby on 11/25/00 at 23:32 (033511)

I had EPF surgery 5 weeks ago. Each we I have gone to my podiatrist's office for pt which consists of a whirlpool of warm water, paraffin wax dip then ultrasound. This is done by an office worker not a physical therapist. My question is: Is there something I'm missing, like stretching that everyone on this site talks about - I do stretch my calf muscle, ham strings and roll my foot around to get the blood circulating. Could I be doing more to speed up the healing process? Is this what you do for your patient's?

Re: Physical Therapy post EPF surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/25/00 at 23:55 (033513)

physical therapy is very effective and can be helpful. Time and rest is still the best. Proper stretching is very important. Take a look at Scott's pf book online. I like to have my patients use the personal foot trainer. EPF surgery can take up to six months for complete resolution of all foot pain. No physical therapy can speed up mother nature

Re: Physical Therapy post EPF surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/25/00 at 23:55 (033513)

physical therapy is very effective and can be helpful. Time and rest is still the best. Proper stretching is very important. Take a look at Scott's pf book online. I like to have my patients use the personal foot trainer. EPF surgery can take up to six months for complete resolution of all foot pain. No physical therapy can speed up mother nature