Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Funny just a coincidence!!

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 11/26/00 at 08:03 (033528)

Just very recently I have been advertizing the oppportunity for any doctor to use my orbasone right in their office without any capital investment in the following areas. New York City, Phidelaphia, Baltimore,
New Jersey . This non-capital investment was talked about on a podiatry site called podiatry oneline it get to over 4000 podiatrists. The reponse was overwelming. I got alot of doctor interested from the entire USA. Told me that I was sorry couldn't fly the orbasone unless John H could fly me there.
So why am i telling you this . Funny just a coincidence that you have a post from someone warning you about the orbasone. Every time that I offer this opportunity and try to make this opportunity happen for other doctors which would give more patients the opportunity to get ESWT at a fair price

You see the opportunity is for me to enable doctors to use my machine without any capital investment. There is another machine with a compamy
that should have no worry about me or the orbasone.

I really wish these two company could resolve their difference but then the price of all of these machines would come way down and then many more patient patients could get ESWT

Scott we should feel proud it is either this great Plantar fascia board and maybe Dr. Z that gets the attention of the great companies out there.

Don't worry big companies I am not trying to make the use of the orbasone to the entire USA . Just New Jersey , Philadelphia, New York,

There are doctors out there that just can't afford the hugh capital investment. and want to help their patients and only have to charge a reasonable fee. There are two market or maybe three or maybe four the point is that both companies can survive in this great USA

By the way there are probaby 100 different markets just like there are over one hundred different treats for plantar fascia. Sorry for this long post.
I just want two thing. First to treat patients and second for more doctors to treat patients and last but most important is for more patients to have the ability to get and receive ESWT. At this point you can place this on my tomb stone. ESWT the patients right to have.!!!

Re: those coincidences are not funny

alan k on 11/26/00 at 10:07 (033534)

Yeah, those 'coincidental' messages that come from time to time...
I understand exactly how you feel, but in a lower-stakes sort of way. There are enough people in pain for every company to get their share! There is nothing to be afraid of, unfortunately. But only a few like Dr. Z understand the unfortunately part. I know that Dr. Z wishes there was too few patients to go around and wishes there was a reason to be afraid of competition. You never saw him steer anyone away from another machine.

Now just my personal two cents: I have tried the orthowave and in my experience, and I am very attentive to my body based on years of meditation on sensations, I cannot see a single reason why one shock wave machine should be recommended over another, although orthowave is versatile in terms of setting the depth of focus. Aside from price, I think the decision to do ESWT is an easy one. It is seriously not a big deal. The body heals right up from it in a few days or weeks, depending on the procedure. Everyone's condition is extremely variable, and multiple protocols and machines is a great thing for patients, but it would be better if there was more intelligence sharing and information enabling comparison like Dr. Z always begs for, but the companies aren't having any of it. Perhaps in the far future it may be possible to determine which machine, setting, and focus is best for most patients, but that is way, way far away, and would still be based on a statistical average and not on any individual's condition. My two cents at this point is that the only variable that a patient can put any stock in is not the machine but the experience of the doctor using it.

By the way, I didn't benefit from the orthowave treatment, but I might have if done at my acute stage a year and a half ago, I'm not sure. I am a big fan of ESWT regardless, because I could feel how it works on the tissue and see what a great strengthener it is, as well as working to correct immune system response problems in the area.

At the time I tried treatment, I just have general aches left, with no big decrease in my life activities, but also similar stress conditions occuring in many other parts of my body, something a rheumatologist is looking into. I am a very atypical patient, possibly without any pf left but perhaps some nerve damage and I believe some sort of virus or toxin at work.

alan k

Re: orthowave

Nancy N on 11/26/00 at 10:14 (033535)

Alan--

You said you didn't benefit from the OrthoWave, but you are part of the study, right? Are you sure you didn't get the placebo? There might still be hope if that's the case and you get the treatment when the study is over.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/26/00 at 11:10 (033542)

Very good points to think about. I don't feel alone any more. ESWT is the same spark gap technology period. There are no studies that i am ware of that prove that the exact high energy setting is the best. As far as low energy I can't make this conclusion but I am starting to understand low energy and the philosophy that is behind the low energy thinking. It is definitey a consideration . The orbasone can use both high and low energy setting. Thank God we have different companies with different machines or there would be no thinking. Competition is good and makes for a better doctor and more informed patient. The best way to competition is good it makes better doctors. Someone has to be forced to think and get out there and find the answers. If ESWT were perfect and great for everyone then Dr. Robot could just do the work and that would be it. I my office it is always a combination of treatment that works the best. You must understand the entire body and mind. You must let the patient talk and you must listen . Even if you have to parrot back to the patient whay you think is the goal and the problem. do it doctors the solution is always right there just take the time to look and listen to your patients.

alan k on 11/26/00 at 16:16 (033556)

No, there is no mistaking it if you get the real thing. As you know, if you are a participant on this board there is no way for the placebo part of the trial to work, since we can compare notes and know what's what.

I am fine without it, though, as it was a long shot given the fact that it is not clear what really was wrong with me, although I believe that I did have a form of pf in the past, only now perhaps that's not it.

alan k

alan k on 11/27/00 at 08:11 (033608)

I was hoping it might erase all traces of the achiness, but it had no effect. There is no way to mistake it when you get the real treatment. I am still trying to get my return visist rescheduled.
Anyway, it's no sweat as I am not in pain anymore but just have a tendency to get sore feet after long hours on my feet-- I still have to watch over this and take care of it, and probably always will. But believe me this is not a bad way to be and so, so much better than when I first got this. It really hurts to see new people here in that pain and confusion and intense dissappointment, but I think almost everyone who doesn't get %100 better, gets to my point, which is just about free and clear to go on enjoying life.

alan k

Re: those coincidences are not funny

alan k on 11/26/00 at 10:07 (033534)

Yeah, those 'coincidental' messages that come from time to time...
I understand exactly how you feel, but in a lower-stakes sort of way. There are enough people in pain for every company to get their share! There is nothing to be afraid of, unfortunately. But only a few like Dr. Z understand the unfortunately part. I know that Dr. Z wishes there was too few patients to go around and wishes there was a reason to be afraid of competition. You never saw him steer anyone away from another machine.

Now just my personal two cents: I have tried the orthowave and in my experience, and I am very attentive to my body based on years of meditation on sensations, I cannot see a single reason why one shock wave machine should be recommended over another, although orthowave is versatile in terms of setting the depth of focus. Aside from price, I think the decision to do ESWT is an easy one. It is seriously not a big deal. The body heals right up from it in a few days or weeks, depending on the procedure. Everyone's condition is extremely variable, and multiple protocols and machines is a great thing for patients, but it would be better if there was more intelligence sharing and information enabling comparison like Dr. Z always begs for, but the companies aren't having any of it. Perhaps in the far future it may be possible to determine which machine, setting, and focus is best for most patients, but that is way, way far away, and would still be based on a statistical average and not on any individual's condition. My two cents at this point is that the only variable that a patient can put any stock in is not the machine but the experience of the doctor using it.

By the way, I didn't benefit from the orthowave treatment, but I might have if done at my acute stage a year and a half ago, I'm not sure. I am a big fan of ESWT regardless, because I could feel how it works on the tissue and see what a great strengthener it is, as well as working to correct immune system response problems in the area.

At the time I tried treatment, I just have general aches left, with no big decrease in my life activities, but also similar stress conditions occuring in many other parts of my body, something a rheumatologist is looking into. I am a very atypical patient, possibly without any pf left but perhaps some nerve damage and I believe some sort of virus or toxin at work.

alan k

Nancy N on 11/26/00 at 10:14 (033535)

Alan--

You said you didn't benefit from the OrthoWave, but you are part of the study, right? Are you sure you didn't get the placebo? There might still be hope if that's the case and you get the treatment when the study is over.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/26/00 at 11:10 (033542)

Very good points to think about. I don't feel alone any more. ESWT is the same spark gap technology period. There are no studies that i am ware of that prove that the exact high energy setting is the best. As far as low energy I can't make this conclusion but I am starting to understand low energy and the philosophy that is behind the low energy thinking. It is definitey a consideration . The orbasone can use both high and low energy setting. Thank God we have different companies with different machines or there would be no thinking. Competition is good and makes for a better doctor and more informed patient. The best way to competition is good it makes better doctors. Someone has to be forced to think and get out there and find the answers. If ESWT were perfect and great for everyone then Dr. Robot could just do the work and that would be it. I my office it is always a combination of treatment that works the best. You must understand the entire body and mind. You must let the patient talk and you must listen . Even if you have to parrot back to the patient whay you think is the goal and the problem. do it doctors the solution is always right there just take the time to look and listen to your patients.

alan k on 11/26/00 at 16:16 (033556)

No, there is no mistaking it if you get the real thing. As you know, if you are a participant on this board there is no way for the placebo part of the trial to work, since we can compare notes and know what's what.

I am fine without it, though, as it was a long shot given the fact that it is not clear what really was wrong with me, although I believe that I did have a form of pf in the past, only now perhaps that's not it.

alan k

alan k on 11/27/00 at 08:11 (033608)

I was hoping it might erase all traces of the achiness, but it had no effect. There is no way to mistake it when you get the real treatment. I am still trying to get my return visist rescheduled.
Anyway, it's no sweat as I am not in pain anymore but just have a tendency to get sore feet after long hours on my feet-- I still have to watch over this and take care of it, and probably always will. But believe me this is not a bad way to be and so, so much better than when I first got this. It really hurts to see new people here in that pain and confusion and intense dissappointment, but I think almost everyone who doesn't get %100 better, gets to my point, which is just about free and clear to go on enjoying life.

alan k