Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

EPF

Posted by Darrel H on 11/26/00 at 19:34 (033573)

I just had EPF surgery on 11-22-00 on my left foot. I suffered pain for three years, orthodics and finally enjections. My doctor, Dr. Rogers, made two small incisions on both sides of my heel. He went in with scope and cut a portion of the plantar near the heel bone. He did not remove the spur. X-rays showed I have a larger heel spur on my right foot but I have no discomfort at all. He also cut into the tops of the middle three toes to prevent the toes from rising up due to the plantar fascia being cut. These incisions were no larger than a pencil lead. He prescribed Davorcet, Ibprofen, and Keflex. My pain so far has been reduced by 50% in only three days. I get unwrapped tommorrow 11-27-00. I'll keep you posted

Re: EPF

Dr Zuckerman on 11/26/00 at 20:28 (033578)

Glad to here that you have reduction in pain. Now don't overdue it too much activity especially in both feet surgey and in your case will case very long delayed healing.

Re: EPF

Dr Zuckerman on 11/26/00 at 20:28 (033578)

Glad to here that you have reduction in pain. Now don't overdue it too much activity especially in both feet surgey and in your case will case very long delayed healing.