Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Laser Surgery

Posted by JimD on 11/26/00 at 21:04 (033581)

I have had 3 cortesone shots and numerous heat treatments for a heel spur. However, I am in daily pain and the only relief I find is putting ice on my heel. I have asked my doctor to perform a laser procedure that he has explained to me. However, he now has fitted me for an insert for my shoe. I do not see any comments regarding laser surgery and am concerned about the recuperation process. I am seeing a reputable podiatrist but wonder if I am in good hands. Can you give my advise. I just want to put all this behind me and move forward. My doctor seems hesitant to rush into the surgery but describes it as something he specializes in. What should I be concerned with and how do I feel confident with him. Any comments would be most helpful, again specifically regarding laser surgery to correct this problem. Thanks.

Re: Laser Surgery

DR. Zuckerman on 11/30/00 at 04:37 (033854)

There are no laser used for the surgial remove of a heel spur. Are you sure that he told you that he is going to use a laser. Many time in my practice people think that I have used a laser when the word was neve even talked about. I do laser surgery for resistant warts and that is about it.

Ask you doctor again. Will surgery the healing could take up to six month.
Do you know about ESWT. This is a non-invasion procedure that doens't have any of the serious problems that can pop up with any type of surgery. of the heel

Re: Laser Surgery

DR. Zuckerman on 11/30/00 at 04:37 (033854)

There are no laser used for the surgial remove of a heel spur. Are you sure that he told you that he is going to use a laser. Many time in my practice people think that I have used a laser when the word was neve even talked about. I do laser surgery for resistant warts and that is about it.

Ask you doctor again. Will surgery the healing could take up to six month.
Do you know about ESWT. This is a non-invasion procedure that doens't have any of the serious problems that can pop up with any type of surgery. of the heel