Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

MRI back... Just shows inflammation

Posted by Beverly on 11/27/00 at 17:09 (033657)

Well footpain gang,

My MRI came back today. The nurse called me and said that all it shows is inflammation in the foot. I think the phrase she used was 'scant inflammation.' She read it to me, and it was a bit over my head, but when I see the PA Thursday, I will get a copy of it so I can quote the exact location of the inflammation. I think it was in a somewhat different spot on each foot. I asked about the ankle, and it didn't note anything strange there. But realize the MRI of the foot only takes in a small portion of the ankle.

Like others have reported, I'm glad to know I don't have a tumor or some dreaded systemic disease, but I was hoping for more answers. I already know I have inflammation, and I guess since I can feel it but can't see it, 'scant' makes sense.

I did get lucky and have the doctor interpret the report. It came in this morning and he happened to be the one in the office at the time.

Beverly

Re: MRI back... Just shows inflammation

Laurie R on 11/27/00 at 17:35 (033659)

Hi Beverly,
Ok,I have a question for you.Is inflammation the same as fluid in the foot? I am happy for you that your report came back good. Like mine did. But I think I do understand how you are feeling. Or maybe I sould say how I felt about my report. With all the pain I have been in I just knew something really bad was going to show up on the MRI . I am very thankful that it did come back good. I still wonder why I am in so much pain. I guess the fluid causes most of it.

Again Beverly I am happy for you and you got your results back and you are ok. I guess PF causes more pain then I ever thought. My very best to you.
Laurie R

Barbara TX on 11/27/00 at 20:09 (033673)

Beverly - I remember having the same mixed emotions when I got back my MRI - I was glad I didn't have something like cancer, but puzzled that I could be in so much pain from 'thickening of the plantar fascia and MILD edema.' At least, if I had a tumor or something, they could have cut the damn thing out and solved my problem! I have to keep in mind that in a nerve-dense area like the foot, a little imflammation can go a long way to making my life hell. I feel your pain! B.

Laurie R on 11/27/00 at 17:35 (033659)

Hi Beverly,
Ok,I have a question for you.Is inflammation the same as fluid in the foot? I am happy for you that your report came back good. Like mine did. But I think I do understand how you are feeling. Or maybe I sould say how I felt about my report. With all the pain I have been in I just knew something really bad was going to show up on the MRI . I am very thankful that it did come back good. I still wonder why I am in so much pain. I guess the fluid causes most of it.

Again Beverly I am happy for you and you got your results back and you are ok. I guess PF causes more pain then I ever thought. My very best to you.
Laurie R

Barbara TX on 11/27/00 at 20:09 (033673)

Beverly - I remember having the same mixed emotions when I got back my MRI - I was glad I didn't have something like cancer, but puzzled that I could be in so much pain from 'thickening of the plantar fascia and MILD edema.' At least, if I had a tumor or something, they could have cut the damn thing out and solved my problem! I have to keep in mind that in a nerve-dense area like the foot, a little imflammation can go a long way to making my life hell. I feel your pain! B.