Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Spencos

Posted by JudyS on 11/27/00 at 21:23 (033680)

Hi guys! Geez do I miss you! What with a lingering virus and my work-intensive winter job at SDSU, I feel like I've become a complete stranger here!
I stopped at the local running store the other day (owner was my son's X-Country coach...) and got some Spencos. Can you believe it - my Pod actually said stop using the custom orthotics for awhile! Anyway I managed to confuse myself with the purchase because I couldn't remember if ya'll were recommending the 'Arch Cushion' Spenco inserts or the 'Orthotics' Spenco inserts - they're both green! I decided to get the cushion ones but even those seem like a lot of 'stuff' under my arch. Which one are you guys using?

Re: Spencos

Nancy N on 11/28/00 at 10:14 (033725)

Judy--

I got the walk/run Spencos because they were nice and cushiony and seemed to have a little more arch support in them than the others I looked at. So far, I'm quite happy with them.

My mom is encouraging me to try the blue Birk footbeds but I am not sure if I want to fix what isn't 'broke' yet, especially since the Birks are about twice as much as the Spencos and aren't as cushiony. I posted about this on the Inserts/Orthotics board if you want more info, but if anyone has switched from Spencos to the Birk footbeds, I'd be interested in knowing what made you switch and if you're happy that you did.

Beverly on 11/28/00 at 13:08 (033731)

Hi Judy,

I wear the full length arch support style. I'm not sure of the exact name, but I do know the phrase 'arch support' is in there.
Glad to here from you,
Beverly

Nancy N on 11/28/00 at 10:14 (033725)

Judy--

I got the walk/run Spencos because they were nice and cushiony and seemed to have a little more arch support in them than the others I looked at. So far, I'm quite happy with them.

My mom is encouraging me to try the blue Birk footbeds but I am not sure if I want to fix what isn't 'broke' yet, especially since the Birks are about twice as much as the Spencos and aren't as cushiony. I posted about this on the Inserts/Orthotics board if you want more info, but if anyone has switched from Spencos to the Birk footbeds, I'd be interested in knowing what made you switch and if you're happy that you did.

Beverly on 11/28/00 at 13:08 (033731)

Hi Judy,

I wear the full length arch support style. I'm not sure of the exact name, but I do know the phrase 'arch support' is in there.
Glad to here from you,
Beverly