Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Feeling better..but,

Posted by Jen H on 11/28/00 at 08:56 (033720)

I keep getting muscle spasms and cramping in my right foot (have PF with nerve involvement in right foot only), not painful but I can feel it. I wasn't having any luck with the cortizone shots (had 2) and taping with ultrasound, so the doctor suggested I take a month off from the treatment and see how things go. Much to my surprise, I am feeling much better, I would put it at an 80% improvement! I am wondering if the spasms and cramping could be the PF healing? This occures mostly in the evening for just a short time (1-2 minutes). I still have some days that are worse than others, usually just an hour or so of pain (same PF pain I had before treatment) then it goes away. Is this common? Am I on the road to recovery?

Re: Feeling better..but,

Dr. Biehler on 11/28/00 at 09:47 (033722)

Sounds like your body is healing itself. The cramps could be causes by lots of things, one of them is the intrinsic muscles of the foot trying to protect the area that is healing. Dr. B.

Jen H on 11/28/00 at 16:09 (033740)

Great! That is the response I was hoping for. This has been the first time since May that I have walked without a limp, lets just hope it continues. It's been a great 2 weeks!

Dr. Biehler on 11/28/00 at 09:47 (033722)

Sounds like your body is healing itself. The cramps could be causes by lots of things, one of them is the intrinsic muscles of the foot trying to protect the area that is healing. Dr. B.

Jen H on 11/28/00 at 16:09 (033740)

Great! That is the response I was hoping for. This has been the first time since May that I have walked without a limp, lets just hope it continues. It's been a great 2 weeks!