Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Planters Fasciitis

Posted by John Linder on 11/28/00 at 12:17 (033730)

I am an very active medium build man stress not over weight. I have had this problem for 3 months aweek ago. I have been doing everything that has been proscribed by my doctor and what I have read in your wonderful self help assistance web pages. My question to you is when should I concider surgery as an option. I feel that i am not getting better. also i am very active and it is extremly hard for me to stay off my feet not a chance how long will i be laid up after surgery and recover time. thank you very much

Re: Planters Fasciitis

Dr. Biehler on 11/28/00 at 13:54 (033734)

What have you tried and what effect did it have. If there is any improvement it means you still have the ability for your body to heal the area. It you have reached the end of conservative treatment ESWT should be tried before surgery. There are different types of surgery for PF and it can take a few weeks up to a year to recover if the surgery is going to help. You have to be taking it easy durring the recuperative stage. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/30/00 at 04:29 (033852)

ESWT is a very good consideration for you at this stage. In order to rule out any other contrbuiting factor to our plantar fasciitis you need to have an mri. This will show any torn tendons. ligaments and rule out a stress fracture of the heel bone. Many patients will have a problem with the posterior tendon which is what could be causing the plantar fasciitis in the first place. This pt tendon play a major role in the locking phase of the gait cycle which is when you step off the ground to take a other step. So get an mri and find out the entire picture. If you want additional information about ESWT would can call my ESWT coordinator Katie
at 1-856-848-3338. Katie has alot of experience with ESWT in fact she just had the procedure done by Dr. Z

Lori griffin on 11/30/00 at 17:21 (033891)

what can i do for plantar ficiitis i take celebrex meds now nothing helps i get so tired of feet hurting its so uncomfortable.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/01/00 at 13:44 (033979)

Taking Celebrex is taking away the pain and swelling. You must set up an appointment with a doctor to find out why how and what is going on . An x-ray and or mri is needed to make the proper diagnosis

Dr. Biehler on 11/28/00 at 13:54 (033734)

What have you tried and what effect did it have. If there is any improvement it means you still have the ability for your body to heal the area. It you have reached the end of conservative treatment ESWT should be tried before surgery. There are different types of surgery for PF and it can take a few weeks up to a year to recover if the surgery is going to help. You have to be taking it easy durring the recuperative stage. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 11/30/00 at 04:29 (033852)

ESWT is a very good consideration for you at this stage. In order to rule out any other contrbuiting factor to our plantar fasciitis you need to have an mri. This will show any torn tendons. ligaments and rule out a stress fracture of the heel bone. Many patients will have a problem with the posterior tendon which is what could be causing the plantar fasciitis in the first place. This pt tendon play a major role in the locking phase of the gait cycle which is when you step off the ground to take a other step. So get an mri and find out the entire picture. If you want additional information about ESWT would can call my ESWT coordinator Katie
at 1-856-848-3338. Katie has alot of experience with ESWT in fact she just had the procedure done by Dr. Z

Lori griffin on 11/30/00 at 17:21 (033891)

what can i do for plantar ficiitis i take celebrex meds now nothing helps i get so tired of feet hurting its so uncomfortable.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/01/00 at 13:44 (033979)

Taking Celebrex is taking away the pain and swelling. You must set up an appointment with a doctor to find out why how and what is going on . An x-ray and or mri is needed to make the proper diagnosis