Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Pain (backside) accompanied by bump

Posted by Debbie S. on 11/28/00 at 16:39 (033743)

Dr. Zuckerman, you suggested a couple of possibilities for the bump on the backside of my heel, one being the Hagland deformity. I've researched this along with the other possible diagnoses you suggested and the Hagland's deformity fits the description of my symptoms. If this is a correct assumption, do you still recommend the silipos elastic gel padding and the heel cup? I believe I've used one of the heel pads (fits in the bottom heel portion of shoe and has a gel center about as big as a quarter)and it didn't help. Should I try the heel cup next?

Re: Heel Pain (backside) accompanied by bump

Dr Zuckerman on 11/30/00 at 04:32 (033853)

TRy the heel cup this will raise the back of the heel above the heel counter of the shoe and remove the shoe irritation. It this doesn't help that miminial incision surgery is a an excellent procedure for this condition.
Dr. z

Re: Heel Pain (backside) accompanied by bump

Dr Zuckerman on 11/30/00 at 04:32 (033853)

TRy the heel cup this will raise the back of the heel above the heel counter of the shoe and remove the shoe irritation. It this doesn't help that miminial incision surgery is a an excellent procedure for this condition.
Dr. z