Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

yet another case of PF?

Posted by Kris W on 11/29/00 at 00:32 (033779)

I've been suffering with pain in my right heel for the past 10-11 months and finally went to a podiatrist last month. Why did I wait so long? I switched jobs 3 months ago and went from being on my feet anywhere from 6-12 hours a day 13 days on one day off to a desk job and only on my feet 2-4 hours a day six days a week. I thought that by not being on my feet so much would help, but it didn't. Since going to the podiatrist, I've had x-rays and a bone scan, which the radiologist said that I had a stress fracture, but my Dr. disagreed. He gave me vioxx and arch supports and had me try those for 2 weeks, which did not help at all. I had a cortisone shot on my third visit and it was very painful, and it lasted for a week. I go back this week and I think that the next step that he recommended is a cast. I guess that I am concerned that the doctor and radiologist disagreed on the bone scan. Is this common? The radiologist indicated that the scan showed a hot spot. The pain that I am having is on the bottom, side and back of my heel and hurts most of the day especially the days when I am on my feet alot. Thanks for any help!

Re: yet another case of PF?

Steve P on 11/30/00 at 19:49 (033908)

Kris -- I suggest a 2nd opinion. Take your medical records to a Sports Medicine clinic & see what they say.

Good luck.......Steve

Re: yet another case of PF?

Steve P on 11/30/00 at 19:49 (033908)

Kris -- I suggest a 2nd opinion. Take your medical records to a Sports Medicine clinic & see what they say.

Good luck.......Steve