Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF and lots of pain

Posted by Bob on 11/30/00 at 00:32 (033838)

I have had heel pain for about 2 years now. I started to run this year to do triathlons. I now have a severe problem in my left foot. I have been diagnois with PF. In the morning i can bearly walk. It hurts all day and night. Sometimes i get a sharp shooting pain in my foot. It hurts on the side too. I got orthoics, but they do not help, because i am the 3% they do not work for. The thearpy is not helping too much either. I need some help. Has anyone tried the pills that they are recommending http://www.cinche.com/heelspurs.html It is Di-Cal-Mag +. I am willing to try anything because i am afraid of surgery. I have read it only has a 30% success rate. i have also taking celebrex. Ice is a little help but not much. I have to be on my feet all day too.
Please help

Re: PF and lots of pain

Bob G. on 11/30/00 at 01:45 (033842)

Hello Bob,

We've got several things in common. You say you'll try anything. Well, it's not easy, but if you can do it, you may kick PF.

It's called REST. You are injured. You need rest for it to heal.

So many people want a quick fix, or just try to force their way through the pain, taking pills, shots, etc.

Not only did I rest for many months, but I quickened the recoverey with the help of the nightsplint and s/sock.

Now I am jogging without pain, and wondering when I will be back out on the dancefloor. Maybe Friday night...

Kate on 11/30/00 at 08:09 (033861)

Bob,
If you are afraid of surgery, and want relief for your PF, consider ESWT. We have been using the procedure for almost a year, and it has been used in Europe and Canada for atleast 10 years. Our results are available on the ESWT board, check it out. We are site #6, and post all results.
I personally had ESWT about a week and a half ago, and it's a pleasure to walk to the bathroom in the morning instead of hop.
If I can answer any questions about PF or ESWT, please ask. Myself and Dr.Zuckerman are always available.

Kate Jurman
ESWT Coordinator

Jeanine on 11/30/00 at 12:18 (033877)

Trust me I know exactly how you feel and I truly hope you feel better soon. I have the same problem in the morning. You can view my thread that i sent today. I'll respond to you again after I have surgery. Wish me luck:-) For me a little relief is rolling my foot on a tennis ball while I'm sitting at my desk. This stretches the plantar and makes it feel a little better. In the morning I apply a heating pad and stretch the plantar with my hand before walking. But, that's only when I have time. Take care and I wish you well.

jeanine

Bob G. on 11/30/00 at 01:45 (033842)

Hello Bob,

We've got several things in common. You say you'll try anything. Well, it's not easy, but if you can do it, you may kick PF.

It's called REST. You are injured. You need rest for it to heal.

So many people want a quick fix, or just try to force their way through the pain, taking pills, shots, etc.

Not only did I rest for many months, but I quickened the recoverey with the help of the nightsplint and s/sock.

Now I am jogging without pain, and wondering when I will be back out on the dancefloor. Maybe Friday night...

Kate on 11/30/00 at 08:09 (033861)

Bob,
If you are afraid of surgery, and want relief for your PF, consider ESWT. We have been using the procedure for almost a year, and it has been used in Europe and Canada for atleast 10 years. Our results are available on the ESWT board, check it out. We are site #6, and post all results.
I personally had ESWT about a week and a half ago, and it's a pleasure to walk to the bathroom in the morning instead of hop.
If I can answer any questions about PF or ESWT, please ask. Myself and Dr.Zuckerman are always available.

Kate Jurman
ESWT Coordinator

Jeanine on 11/30/00 at 12:18 (033877)

Trust me I know exactly how you feel and I truly hope you feel better soon. I have the same problem in the morning. You can view my thread that i sent today. I'll respond to you again after I have surgery. Wish me luck:-) For me a little relief is rolling my foot on a tennis ball while I'm sitting at my desk. This stretches the plantar and makes it feel a little better. In the morning I apply a heating pad and stretch the plantar with my hand before walking. But, that's only when I have time. Take care and I wish you well.

jeanine