Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cetylmyristoleate

Posted by Kathy B. on 11/30/00 at 19:34 (033900)

I've been suffering with pain in my left foot for almost a year. I've been to a podiatrist and an orthopaedic doctor and haven't had much relief. I have the Haglund problem with both feet, but the left has developed a bursitis condition in back of my heel. It's very painful. The pain radiates up the tendon into the calf. Sometimes I get a very strong burning pain. I've tried rest, ice and gentle stretches and also physical therapy using some kind of ultrasound gizmo. It still hurts but I don't really want to think about surgery yet. The health food store near me recommended a fatty acid, Cetylmyristoleate, for inflamation. They said it's some kind of miracle drug and it's pricey at about $70. Of course, I'm pretty skeptical and would like your advice. They also recommended a product called 'zyflamend' which contains a lot of herbs (tumeric, green tea, ginger, rosemary, etc.), and it looks pretty harmless.

Would apppreciate any advice.

Kathy

Re: Cetylmyristoleate

Kathy B. on 11/30/00 at 19:37 (033901)

I forgot to mention that my doctor (orthopaedic) has me on Mobic (7.5 mg.) which has helped some, but not enough.

Re: Cetylmyristoleate

Kathy B. on 11/30/00 at 19:37 (033901)

I forgot to mention that my doctor (orthopaedic) has me on Mobic (7.5 mg.) which has helped some, but not enough.