Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A Quick and Easy Foot Massage

Posted by Bob G. on 12/01/00 at 00:46 (033937)

Just wanted to share this excerpt from PREVENTION'S Giant Book of Health Facts:

A QUICK AND EASY FOOT MASSAGE Treat your feet to a good massage to help prevent foot
soreness, relieve tiredness, and keep your muscles loose and flexible.

1. Sit on a chair and place one foot on the opposite thigh. Rub some massage oil or lotion on your
foot. Apply pressure with your thumbs to the sole of your foot, working from the bottom of the arch
to the top near your big toe. Repeat five times.

2. Make a fist and use your knuckles to move from your heel to your toes. Repeat five times.

3. Massage each toe by holding it firmly and moving it from side to side. Apply pressure to the areas
between the toes.

4. Hold all your toes with one hand and bend them backward, holding for 5 to 10 seconds. Bend
them in the opposite direction and hold. Repeat three times.

Re: A Quick and Easy Foot Massage

Pauline on 12/05/00 at 04:54 (034180)

I would also add across the bottom of the foot massage, going from side to side.

Re: T-Bar is helpful for this too,

Kim B. on 12/05/00 at 20:10 (034252)

Hi All,

The small wooden 'T-Bar' that I got from Mike W. is a great little tool for self massage for the foot and a few other areas. It works espcially well, if you have arthritis or pain in the hands from other ailments(carple tunnel, over-use, etc...) It allows you to increases the pressure comfortably without over working your hands in the process. It cost $10. I like mine and use it on my feet and calves and any other painful spots I can comfortably reach with it.

BTW, because of my Fibromyalgia (FM) illness, I also have spomething called a 'Thera-cane' which is designed for reaching trigger points and painful area in the back, neck and upper arms. I got it at a pharmacy for $40 or $50 five years ago.

Regards,
Kim B.

Re: A Quick and Easy Foot Massage

Pauline on 12/05/00 at 04:54 (034180)

I would also add across the bottom of the foot massage, going from side to side.

Re: T-Bar is helpful for this too,

Kim B. on 12/05/00 at 20:10 (034252)

Hi All,

The small wooden 'T-Bar' that I got from Mike W. is a great little tool for self massage for the foot and a few other areas. It works espcially well, if you have arthritis or pain in the hands from other ailments(carple tunnel, over-use, etc...) It allows you to increases the pressure comfortably without over working your hands in the process. It cost $10. I like mine and use it on my feet and calves and any other painful spots I can comfortably reach with it.

BTW, because of my Fibromyalgia (FM) illness, I also have spomething called a 'Thera-cane' which is designed for reaching trigger points and painful area in the back, neck and upper arms. I got it at a pharmacy for $40 or $50 five years ago.

Regards,
Kim B.