Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I feel your good thoughts

Posted by Kay S on 12/01/00 at 19:53 (034007)

To: Nancy S, Steve P, Judy S, Laurie R, Nancy N, Beverly, Bob G, and BarbTx----I have been comforted by all your good thoughts and wishes and understanding of my lousy day in foot hell. And you know what???? For whatever reason (do you think God might know I am at the end of my rope??) today was NOT as bad. When I walked in to work today I actually tested my 'good' foot by walking like a normal person, heel to toe, and it wasn't excruciating. (I have bilateral problems, so good is relative) Whatever was different today made me go from hopeless to possibly-maybe there's a chance-hopeful. I took TWO Tylenol PM's last night because I didn't want to wake up even one time and think about these feet, and I must have gotten a better night's rest, which also was helpful. Tonight I may try wine instead of the pills.
Honestly, all of you have made my misery so much more tolerable, and I appreciate the support on a day when I desperately needed it. You have each given me a virtual hug. Thank you.
Kay

Re: I feel your pain

davidb on 11/10/00 at 13:54 (032454)

I can link politics and PF. I'm a political reporter who has been working long hours this week. My left heel has been killing me from being on my feet too much. How's that?

Nancy N on 11/10/00 at 15:22 (032463)

Wow, it must have been an interesting week for you! And it's not over yet, unfortunately. How do you deal with all the time you spend on your feet? Have you developed any good coping or prevention mechanisms?

davidb on 11/10/00 at 15:42 (032465)

I haven't developed any realy good coping mechanisms. In fact, I believe I developed PF from wearing bad shoes and being on my feet too much. Still experimenting with orthotics and PW Minor shoes and making sure that when I don't have to be on my feet, I'm not. And yes, it's been a crazy week, with no end in sight. Sort of like life with PF, unfortunately

Re: I feel your good thoughts re Kay

Laurie R on 12/01/00 at 20:51 (034009)

Hi Kay,
Now you just made my day with your kind words. I am so happy you are feeling better today. remenber one day at a time. I have had such a bad day today ,so your post means more then I could say. My very best to you Kay.......Laurie R

Re: I feel your good thoughts

Beverly on 12/03/00 at 14:17 (034097)

Kay,

I'm so glad you got a 'virtual hug.' As much as I've gained knowledge here on the Board, the most valuable thing of all has been the emotional support.
We're here for you. A good night's sleep is so important. I sometimes take a muscle relaxer at night, but for me, I can't take them in the daytime, because I'm afraid I'll be more of a klutz than usual and trip over sometime, twist my ankle, ect.
Take Care,
Beverly

davidb on 11/10/00 at 13:54 (032454)

I can link politics and PF. I'm a political reporter who has been working long hours this week. My left heel has been killing me from being on my feet too much. How's that?

Nancy N on 11/10/00 at 15:22 (032463)

Wow, it must have been an interesting week for you! And it's not over yet, unfortunately. How do you deal with all the time you spend on your feet? Have you developed any good coping or prevention mechanisms?

davidb on 11/10/00 at 15:42 (032465)

I haven't developed any realy good coping mechanisms. In fact, I believe I developed PF from wearing bad shoes and being on my feet too much. Still experimenting with orthotics and PW Minor shoes and making sure that when I don't have to be on my feet, I'm not. And yes, it's been a crazy week, with no end in sight. Sort of like life with PF, unfortunately

Re: I feel your good thoughts re Kay

Laurie R on 12/01/00 at 20:51 (034009)

Hi Kay,
Now you just made my day with your kind words. I am so happy you are feeling better today. remenber one day at a time. I have had such a bad day today ,so your post means more then I could say. My very best to you Kay.......Laurie R

Re: I feel your good thoughts

Beverly on 12/03/00 at 14:17 (034097)

Kay,

I'm so glad you got a 'virtual hug.' As much as I've gained knowledge here on the Board, the most valuable thing of all has been the emotional support.
We're here for you. A good night's sleep is so important. I sometimes take a muscle relaxer at night, but for me, I can't take them in the daytime, because I'm afraid I'll be more of a klutz than usual and trip over sometime, twist my ankle, ect.
Take Care,
Beverly