Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

BAXTERS NERVE

Posted by Tonya W. on 12/02/00 at 17:19 (034055)

I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT BAXTERS NERVE. I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH IT. THE DOCTOR REFUSES TO OPERATE BECAUSE OF MORE COMPLICATIONS IF HE WOULD OPERATE. I HAVE HAD THIS FOR 6 YEARS NOW. WHAT IS THE PROBABILITY OF THE DAMAGE IF IT GOES UNTOUCHED. HOW MUCH MORE WILL HAPPEN IF I DONT GET THE SURGERY. IS THERE ANY RELIEF IN SIGHT FOR THIS?

Re: BAXTERS NERVE

Dr. Biehler on 12/02/00 at 17:48 (034058)

Baxters nerve is the lateral brach of the calcanial nerve. It is this nerve that carries the pain signal when people have the classical plantar fasciitis. There are a lot of concervative treatment to be tried before surgery including the successful ESWT treatment. Click on Scott's PF book at the top of this page, you will find a wealth of information about your symptoms. Dr. B>

Re: ESWT for Baxters nerve?

alan k on 12/03/00 at 08:11 (034077)

Dr Biehler,

Is ESWT effective on a Baxter nerve problem?

Tonya,

Do note that the Baxter's nerve diagnosis is a very difficult one to make, and could be wrong. ESWT would help with pf, which you may indeed have despite the diagnosis you recieved. I think anyone would be crazy to have surgery without trying ESWT first, if they have access and cash for it.

alan k

Dr. Biehler on 12/03/00 at 14:09 (034095)

Alan, I think you answered your own question in your statement to Tonya. 'Baxters Nerve' implies an entrapment of that nerve. The cause of the entrapment/pressure on the nerve is where the questions lies. Dr. Biehler

Re: BAXTERS NERVE

Dr. Biehler on 12/02/00 at 17:48 (034058)

Baxters nerve is the lateral brach of the calcanial nerve. It is this nerve that carries the pain signal when people have the classical plantar fasciitis. There are a lot of concervative treatment to be tried before surgery including the successful ESWT treatment. Click on Scott's PF book at the top of this page, you will find a wealth of information about your symptoms. Dr. B>

alan k on 12/03/00 at 08:11 (034077)

Dr Biehler,

Is ESWT effective on a Baxter nerve problem?

Tonya,

Do note that the Baxter's nerve diagnosis is a very difficult one to make, and could be wrong. ESWT would help with pf, which you may indeed have despite the diagnosis you recieved. I think anyone would be crazy to have surgery without trying ESWT first, if they have access and cash for it.

alan k

Dr. Biehler on 12/03/00 at 14:09 (034095)

Alan, I think you answered your own question in your statement to Tonya. 'Baxters Nerve' implies an entrapment of that nerve. The cause of the entrapment/pressure on the nerve is where the questions lies. Dr. Biehler