Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ANY GOOD DR'S IN TAMPA, FL.

Posted by WANDA M on 12/03/00 at 17:40 (034106)

just moved to tampa from atlanta and was wondering if anyone is out there from tampa and know of any good ortho. or sports dr's. i have tarsal tunell in both feet

Re: ANY GOOD DR'S IN TAMPA, FL.

john h on 12/04/00 at 10:43 (034134)

just make sure the doc can use a butterfly ballot.

Molly on 12/04/00 at 13:45 (034144)

Hello Wanda I live in Tampa! Safety Harbor actually, but work in downtown Tampa. I have PF and have had so for 2 years but I'm very sorry to say that I have not found a doctor here that I've been happy with, but that's not to say that they don't exist. I found a doctor in Ft. Myers (2 hours south in I-75) that I'm very happy with. I went down there for ESWT.

WANDA M on 12/04/00 at 17:31 (034153)

i like that comment about the butterfly ballot, but i voted in ga. I tell you its not safe to say where you live i get all the butt ends of all the jokes, this election mess makes me sick.
now to get back to a dr i found one in the tampa tribune where he had written a article about heelspurs, his name is Dr ira shandles D.P.M. i have a appt. with him the l8 so will keep you posted. He says he can successfully cure 98% without surgery. I am so afraid of pod but will give this one a chance since its been 2 yrs since i have been to one and maybe something new has happned. If you would like his phone no email me and i will get it to you

john h on 12/05/00 at 11:32 (034207)

wanda: speaking about being the butt of jokes i live in arkansas so you can imagine how it has been around here for the past 8 years. Florida is taking some of the heat off us here in arkansas. my wife and i are both from georgia (gainsville and bainbridge).

Ken A. on 12/05/00 at 18:05 (034235)

Hi Wanda and Molly; I too am from Tampa. I have gone to the same podiatrist for years (pf) but I am looking for a new one to try. My current DPM is ok but he does not compare to the docs on this board. So I am not necessarily recommending him.
I will be interested in what you think of Dr. Shandles. I believe I may have read the same article/advertisement as you. The DPM that I have in mind to try is Dr. Gerald Consentino (member American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine).
But before I see him I am going to see an ankle and foot orthopedic (Dr. Arthur Walling), and a neurologist. A friend recommended a neurologist that is supposed to be well thought of (Dr. Susan Steen), however I already have an appointment with, coincidentally, one of her partners. All of my appointments will be in January so it will be a month before I can offer an opinion. I made those appointments with non DPM's because, even though I am much improved from several months ago, I want to try to pinpoint and/or rule out the cause of some things (like tingling). Wanda, I hope Dr. Shandles can help you. By the way, welcome to Tampa!

john h on 12/05/00 at 18:42 (034243)

for every good/bad man there is a good/bad woman.

Re: KEN! Did you miss it?

Barbara TX on 12/05/00 at 22:37 (034268)

Congratulations Ken! It is a delightful surprise. I'm sure you will find the folks at Dr. Z's as kind and helpful as I did. B.

wanda m on 12/06/00 at 09:44 (034301)

hey ken did i miss something that is great? tell me where to go and look at what got u so on top of the world, dont have time to look through all the mail so lead me there .

john h on 12/04/00 at 10:43 (034134)

just make sure the doc can use a butterfly ballot.

Molly on 12/04/00 at 13:45 (034144)

Hello Wanda I live in Tampa! Safety Harbor actually, but work in downtown Tampa. I have PF and have had so for 2 years but I'm very sorry to say that I have not found a doctor here that I've been happy with, but that's not to say that they don't exist. I found a doctor in Ft. Myers (2 hours south in I-75) that I'm very happy with. I went down there for ESWT.

WANDA M on 12/04/00 at 17:31 (034153)

i like that comment about the butterfly ballot, but i voted in ga. I tell you its not safe to say where you live i get all the butt ends of all the jokes, this election mess makes me sick.
now to get back to a dr i found one in the tampa tribune where he had written a article about heelspurs, his name is Dr ira shandles D.P.M. i have a appt. with him the l8 so will keep you posted. He says he can successfully cure 98% without surgery. I am so afraid of pod but will give this one a chance since its been 2 yrs since i have been to one and maybe something new has happned. If you would like his phone no email me and i will get it to you

john h on 12/05/00 at 11:32 (034207)

wanda: speaking about being the butt of jokes i live in arkansas so you can imagine how it has been around here for the past 8 years. Florida is taking some of the heat off us here in arkansas. my wife and i are both from georgia (gainsville and bainbridge).

Ken A. on 12/05/00 at 18:05 (034235)

Hi Wanda and Molly; I too am from Tampa. I have gone to the same podiatrist for years (pf) but I am looking for a new one to try. My current DPM is ok but he does not compare to the docs on this board. So I am not necessarily recommending him.
I will be interested in what you think of Dr. Shandles. I believe I may have read the same article/advertisement as you. The DPM that I have in mind to try is Dr. Gerald Consentino (member American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine).
But before I see him I am going to see an ankle and foot orthopedic (Dr. Arthur Walling), and a neurologist. A friend recommended a neurologist that is supposed to be well thought of (Dr. Susan Steen), however I already have an appointment with, coincidentally, one of her partners. All of my appointments will be in January so it will be a month before I can offer an opinion. I made those appointments with non DPM's because, even though I am much improved from several months ago, I want to try to pinpoint and/or rule out the cause of some things (like tingling). Wanda, I hope Dr. Shandles can help you. By the way, welcome to Tampa!

john h on 12/05/00 at 18:42 (034243)

for every good/bad man there is a good/bad woman.

Barbara TX on 12/05/00 at 22:37 (034268)

Congratulations Ken! It is a delightful surprise. I'm sure you will find the folks at Dr. Z's as kind and helpful as I did. B.

wanda m on 12/06/00 at 09:44 (034301)

hey ken did i miss something that is great? tell me where to go and look at what got u so on top of the world, dont have time to look through all the mail so lead me there .