Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

P.T.T Problem

Posted by D. Greep on 12/05/00 at 12:50 (034212)

I finally was seen for my possible P.T.T. last Friday by a Kiaser Podiatrist. Her only actions were to take more x-rays and to threaten me with a non-removable cast if I didn't wear my 'walker' cast all the time. She placed me off of work until 01/15/01 and told me the recovery time for this could take along time. She was angery that I allowed my P.F. problem to progress to this point. Previous to this She was treating me for P.F. with heal lifts and stretching. She also recommended custom orthotics that she just happened to sell on the 'side'. After seeing her on a repeat visit for my P.F. she became upset that I hadn't seen her for the custom orthotics and accused me of not following her instructions. She then put me in the walker cast. My question is, does P.F. lead to P.T.T. rupture? Why would a podiatrist take an x-ray for a soft tissue injury? When I asked her about requiring surgery she said, 'You might need surgery'. How can she make this statement without an MRI or ultrasound? Should I make a bigger issue out of this?

Re: P.T.T Problem

Dr. Biehler on 12/05/00 at 18:13 (034236)

When you have PF, it is possible to over strain you PTT as it ties to keep a high arch in you foot to take the stress off the fascia. It sound like your doctor wants to immoblize the foot as much as possible to see if it will heal itself. If you do have PTT strain, an arch support might help even if it is in the removable cast. As far as the x-rays go, you have to ask you docotr why the second set was done. Dr. B.

Re: P.T.T Problem

Dr. Biehler on 12/05/00 at 18:13 (034236)

When you have PF, it is possible to over strain you PTT as it ties to keep a high arch in you foot to take the stress off the fascia. It sound like your doctor wants to immoblize the foot as much as possible to see if it will heal itself. If you do have PTT strain, an arch support might help even if it is in the removable cast. As far as the x-rays go, you have to ask you docotr why the second set was done. Dr. B.