Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

P.W. Minor Fitting Question...

Posted by Beverly on 12/05/00 at 15:04 (034225)

Hi Richard,

I got fitted today by the PT/orthodist for a pair of P.W. Minor shoes to go with my orthodics that I'll be getting in a couple of weeks. The PT didn't seem to be all that familiar with the shoes. The pedorthodist wasn't around to ask questions. Must have been at lunch. Anyway, I picked out The Lady Sport or the Lady Sport Classic. It looks like an athletic shoe. When he measured my foot, he ordered that exact shoe. My foot measured a 9.5, mid-way between an A and B width. So he ordered a 9.5 B. If my memory serves me, PW Minors run extra wide as well as deep. The website gives me the impression that if your foot measures a B width, you go with an A. Have you found that to be true? The fellow who fitted me didn't know anything about it, but I got the distinct impression he doesn't deal that much with this line of shoes. I was measured with my socks on;
Thanks,
Beverly

Re: P.W. Minor Fitting Question...

Bob G. on 12/07/00 at 02:08 (034376)

If it doesn't fit right, send it back and make adjustments. You deserve to be comfortable and happy. BG

Richard, C.Ped on 12/07/00 at 08:07 (034384)

I like to measure with and without socks on. I also ask what type of socks they wear most often....thin or thick. My experience with PW is that when I order exactly what I measure, the shoes tend to be to tight. For me, ordering shoes is very frustrating. I deal with about five vendors. As we all know, different brands have different fit. I don't have the money to keep a decent inventory, so I have to order on almost every patient.

I like the Lady Sport. You will find that it is VERY stiff. That can be a good thing. Make sure that the shoe is not abnormally tight. You know what a good fit feels like. When walking around in the store, they may slip a little. I have found with that specific shoe, that since the sole is so stiff, it makes the heel slip slightly.

Ask the guy if you can wear it on your carpet for a few days to make sure it is comfortable for you. If they have a problem with that, argue with them...in a good way. These are not $40 athletic shoes. These shoes are way to expensive to be stuck with if they do not fit correctly. If they will let you take them home for carpet use, find out if they can be retured if they do not fit. Make sure there are no hidden charges for returning the shoes. It is not your fault if the shoes don't fit.

Let me know how it turns out.
Richard

Bob G. on 12/07/00 at 02:08 (034376)

If it doesn't fit right, send it back and make adjustments. You deserve to be comfortable and happy. BG

Richard, C.Ped on 12/07/00 at 08:07 (034384)

I like to measure with and without socks on. I also ask what type of socks they wear most often....thin or thick. My experience with PW is that when I order exactly what I measure, the shoes tend to be to tight. For me, ordering shoes is very frustrating. I deal with about five vendors. As we all know, different brands have different fit. I don't have the money to keep a decent inventory, so I have to order on almost every patient.

I like the Lady Sport. You will find that it is VERY stiff. That can be a good thing. Make sure that the shoe is not abnormally tight. You know what a good fit feels like. When walking around in the store, they may slip a little. I have found with that specific shoe, that since the sole is so stiff, it makes the heel slip slightly.

Ask the guy if you can wear it on your carpet for a few days to make sure it is comfortable for you. If they have a problem with that, argue with them...in a good way. These are not $40 athletic shoes. These shoes are way to expensive to be stuck with if they do not fit correctly. If they will let you take them home for carpet use, find out if they can be retured if they do not fit. Make sure there are no hidden charges for returning the shoes. It is not your fault if the shoes don't fit.

Let me know how it turns out.
Richard