Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Pain

Posted by Michelle H. on 12/05/00 at 15:12 (034227)

I just found this web site. I have had pain in my heels for well over 4 years. This last year has been pure torture. Along with the heel pain, I delevoped a cist on the top of my right foot. Shot that up with something to disolve it. Pain continued when bending foot backwards while sitting. After 6 months, on pain meds, 3 xrays, my foot was determined to have a broken bone. Do not know how that happened. When I was having a bone scan, the techinan asked about my heels. Thinking that was were the problem was. In walking cast for 8 weeks, put on Vioxx. Now, less than 6 months later, besides the spurs killing me, I have a pinched nerve in my toe, in the same place that I had the cist last year. Dr. put me on a Medrol(spell?) pack, did nothing. Is all of this related to my heel problem? When is too much to much? Thanks for any help you may give

Re: Heel Pain

CCSI DUDE on 12/07/00 at 22:13 (034453)

Hi, Michelle!

Welcome to the foot-chat-club!

Maybe you should add what you were doing, activity-wise, when all this started to come on. Were you playing v-ball back then? Running? Chasing (or carrying) your kids?

Re: Heel Pain

CCSI DUDE on 12/07/00 at 22:13 (034453)

Hi, Michelle!

Welcome to the foot-chat-club!

Maybe you should add what you were doing, activity-wise, when all this started to come on. Were you playing v-ball back then? Running? Chasing (or carrying) your kids?