Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Twitching toes in both feet

Posted by Colleen G on 12/05/00 at 17:10 (034230)

I have had PF for two years and have also had twitching of the last two toes on the left foot. Over the past week my two last toes on my right foot have started twitching. The twitching usually occurs when my lets are crossed or when sitting 'indian style'. The problem is, no body can seem to give me an answer as to what it is. Any suggestions?

Re: Twitching toes in both feet

Dr. Biehler on 12/05/00 at 18:33 (034239)

The nerve that run to this area under the foot is a branch off the one that causes pain in PF.This area is also supplied on top by the sural nerve and a branch off the superficial peronial. There can be some kind of irritation to the nerves any where from your S2 vertibrae on down, or it might be cause by some electrolite imbalance. Dr. B.

Colleen G on 12/07/00 at 19:26 (034436)

Dr. B,

How is something like this diagnosed? Should I see a neurologist? What kinds of tests can be done?

Thanks.
Colleen

Dr. Biehler on 12/05/00 at 18:33 (034239)

The nerve that run to this area under the foot is a branch off the one that causes pain in PF.This area is also supplied on top by the sural nerve and a branch off the superficial peronial. There can be some kind of irritation to the nerves any where from your S2 vertibrae on down, or it might be cause by some electrolite imbalance. Dr. B.

Colleen G on 12/07/00 at 19:26 (034436)

Dr. B,

How is something like this diagnosed? Should I see a neurologist? What kinds of tests can be done?

Thanks.
Colleen