Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

have had plantar fasciitis for about 3 years now. Should I consider surgery?

Posted by kenc on 12/06/00 at 13:28 (034319)

I discovered my foot pain about 3 years ago but let it go thinking it would go away. Well, it didn't. I went to two different podiatrists beginning last November (1999), and even went to an or tapedic surgeon this past September to get scripts for night splints and custom orthodics. It has been 3 months and they still hurt like hell. I have it in both feet. I am going to school to be a teacher and will be on my feet the whole day. I want this pain gone (as do most people who suffer from it) soon, before I start teaching. Should I consider surgery as an option? Thank you, KenC.

Re: have had plantar fasciitis for about 3 years now. Should I consider surgery?

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/06/00 at 17:43 (034344)

Hi,

Surgery is a option but has complications. Have you considered the most recent advancement in the treatment for heel spur and or plantar fasciitis
pain ? ESWT is a procedure that my office has used for the past year with very effective resolution of your type of pain. ESWT has none of the serious complications that can occur such as nerve damage and permenent
collapse of other joints in the foot. If you would like addtional informatin please don't hestitate to contact my ESWT coordinator Katie.
1-856-848-3338.
She will talk to you, send you informaton including a video tape. You can also find a hugh amount of information about ESWT in the ESWT section of this web site . Go to the ESWT progress report at the link http://heelspurs.com/eswt/where.cgi?go=search . I hope that this information is helpful

Re: have had plantar fasciitis for about 3 years now. Should I consider surgery?

KenC on 12/07/00 at 08:18 (034391)

Is ESWT the same as Iontoperosis? (not sure if I spelled it correctly) If it is, I already had it and it didn't work. I went to a physical thereapy place where they did both an ultra sound and iontoperosis (where they elecrically send medicine to the affected area) and I had success with neither of them.

Dr. Biehler on 12/07/00 at 08:42 (034394)

Ionophoresis is nothing like ESWT. Dr. B.

KenC on 12/07/00 at 12:49 (034416)

Thank you for responding so quickly. I will call your office to get the literature about ESWT.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/06/00 at 17:43 (034344)

Hi,

Surgery is a option but has complications. Have you considered the most recent advancement in the treatment for heel spur and or plantar fasciitis
pain ? ESWT is a procedure that my office has used for the past year with very effective resolution of your type of pain. ESWT has none of the serious complications that can occur such as nerve damage and permenent
collapse of other joints in the foot. If you would like addtional informatin please don't hestitate to contact my ESWT coordinator Katie.
1-856-848-3338.
She will talk to you, send you informaton including a video tape. You can also find a hugh amount of information about ESWT in the ESWT section of this web site . Go to the ESWT progress report at the link http://heelspurs.com/eswt/where.cgi?go=search . I hope that this information is helpful

KenC on 12/07/00 at 08:18 (034391)

Is ESWT the same as Iontoperosis? (not sure if I spelled it correctly) If it is, I already had it and it didn't work. I went to a physical thereapy place where they did both an ultra sound and iontoperosis (where they elecrically send medicine to the affected area) and I had success with neither of them.

Dr. Biehler on 12/07/00 at 08:42 (034394)

Ionophoresis is nothing like ESWT. Dr. B.

KenC on 12/07/00 at 12:49 (034416)

Thank you for responding so quickly. I will call your office to get the literature about ESWT.