Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantat Fasciitis

Posted by Lois Blanton on 12/08/00 at 14:36 (034504)

I have had this pain in my left foot since March. I had hhip surgery and they made me some orthics for my shoe. After I started wearing these, my foot got very sore. I have been taking Daypro and stretching excersise. My doctor made me as thing to sleep in, this is hard to sleep in. Will a shot help this go away? I did stop wearing the orthics. Please send me so info.
Lois

Re: Plantat Fasciitis

Dr. Biehler on 12/08/00 at 19:19 (034516)

After hip surgery it is very common to end up with a limb length discrepency.This can change the way you walk and can cause you to have pain in your foot ( and else where ). The orthotics can be made to accomadate for the discrepency if there is one and the orthotics can cause a lot of pain if they don't or if they over correct. The rest of the limbs muscles,liaments and tendons also need time to adjust. Dr. B.

Re: Plantat Fasciitis

Dr. Biehler on 12/08/00 at 19:19 (034516)

After hip surgery it is very common to end up with a limb length discrepency.This can change the way you walk and can cause you to have pain in your foot ( and else where ). The orthotics can be made to accomadate for the discrepency if there is one and the orthotics can cause a lot of pain if they don't or if they over correct. The rest of the limbs muscles,liaments and tendons also need time to adjust. Dr. B.