Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Richard C. Ped nows makes Dr. Z's foot orthosis.

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 12/09/00 at 17:09 (034554)

I am casting all of my orthosis at this time and sending them down South to Richard for the fabrication.. After reading all of his posts you have to go with his experience and expertise. I have found in my area that most of the orthosis are made by kids that use to work in McDonald's . You can have a perfect casting and correct prescription for biomechanical orthosis but you need to have a lab that understands and make orthosis. All orthosis are made by certified peds not kids. This makes a big difference. So Richard you can eat a McDonald's hamburger just don't stop making orthosis

Thanks,

Dr. Z

Re: Richard C. Ped nows makes Dr. Z's foot orthosis.

Mary AnnS on 12/09/00 at 18:10 (034558)

I wish I lived near both of you. I live in Vermont and there is no one who makes the orthotics here. The last podiatrist I saw has orthotics for $400.00. Richard, too bad you partner who is coming to Vermont couldn't make special appointments.

Richard, C.Ped on 12/11/00 at 08:25 (034661)

Dr. Z,
I truly thank you for allowing me and my partners to work with you. I never worked a McDonald's but I did deliver pizzas about 10 years ago. I will also pass on the hamburgers. I am waiting for the pheasang under glass from Nancy S. as well as mashed potatoes from Barbara TX. :-)
Richard

Barbara TX on 12/11/00 at 09:00 (034668)

My othoses were not made by a Mc Donald's employee, but by a young Hispanic teenager who answered the phone (and casted 400 dollar othoses). She kept getting the nurse and asking her to look at my foot because 'there was something weird about my foot' (my feet have appeared completely normal to all doctors I've seen). I tried to run away but I was already covered in plaster. B.

Richard, C.Ped on 12/11/00 at 09:02 (034669)

Hi Mary Ann,
I am not sure where Mike went to in Vermont. Killington comes to mind, but I am not sure. Is that anywhere near you? I will find out exactly where he is. You never know....
Richard

Kate on 12/11/00 at 11:22 (034684)

I must concur, your feet do seem normal to the average person. But mayhap this youngin' saw something we didn't.......ya never know.....
Kate

Mary Ann on 12/11/00 at 14:15 (034695)

I live in Burlington. Killington is a ski area. I haven't been there, not sure how far away it is. If he is here now we are expecting some snow and ice tonight and then more snow.

Sean Tambling on 12/14/00 at 16:46 (034961)

Mary AnnS,
I am Richard's brother in-law and partner in Pedorthics. He isn't aware of a pedorthist in Vt but I am. His name is Greg Hoffman and he owns Green Mountain Orthotics at Stratton Mtn. in Vt.. Mike(Richards other partner) is at Mount Snow in Vt. until about 3pm Friday the 15th. You should be able to contact Greg Hoffman from his web site it is http://www.gmolfoot.com . He has my full reccomendation. His number is listed there along with his e-mail address. Good Luck, and Happy Holidays from Palmetto Pedorthic Care and Southern Ski.

Mary AnnS on 12/14/00 at 18:29 (034966)

Thank you so much. I didn't think there was one here also. I will certainly check with him.

Mary AnnS on 12/09/00 at 18:10 (034558)

I wish I lived near both of you. I live in Vermont and there is no one who makes the orthotics here. The last podiatrist I saw has orthotics for $400.00. Richard, too bad you partner who is coming to Vermont couldn't make special appointments.

Richard, C.Ped on 12/11/00 at 08:25 (034661)

Dr. Z,
I truly thank you for allowing me and my partners to work with you. I never worked a McDonald's but I did deliver pizzas about 10 years ago. I will also pass on the hamburgers. I am waiting for the pheasang under glass from Nancy S. as well as mashed potatoes from Barbara TX. :-)
Richard

Barbara TX on 12/11/00 at 09:00 (034668)

My othoses were not made by a Mc Donald's employee, but by a young Hispanic teenager who answered the phone (and casted 400 dollar othoses). She kept getting the nurse and asking her to look at my foot because 'there was something weird about my foot' (my feet have appeared completely normal to all doctors I've seen). I tried to run away but I was already covered in plaster. B.

Richard, C.Ped on 12/11/00 at 09:02 (034669)

Hi Mary Ann,
I am not sure where Mike went to in Vermont. Killington comes to mind, but I am not sure. Is that anywhere near you? I will find out exactly where he is. You never know....
Richard

Kate on 12/11/00 at 11:22 (034684)

I must concur, your feet do seem normal to the average person. But mayhap this youngin' saw something we didn't.......ya never know.....
Kate

Mary Ann on 12/11/00 at 14:15 (034695)

I live in Burlington. Killington is a ski area. I haven't been there, not sure how far away it is. If he is here now we are expecting some snow and ice tonight and then more snow.

Sean Tambling on 12/14/00 at 16:46 (034961)

Mary AnnS,
I am Richard's brother in-law and partner in Pedorthics. He isn't aware of a pedorthist in Vt but I am. His name is Greg Hoffman and he owns Green Mountain Orthotics at Stratton Mtn. in Vt.. Mike(Richards other partner) is at Mount Snow in Vt. until about 3pm Friday the 15th. You should be able to contact Greg Hoffman from his web site it is http://www.gmolfoot.com . He has my full reccomendation. His number is listed there along with his e-mail address. Good Luck, and Happy Holidays from Palmetto Pedorthic Care and Southern Ski.

Mary AnnS on 12/14/00 at 18:29 (034966)

Thank you so much. I didn't think there was one here also. I will certainly check with him.