Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain remedy oil?

Posted by Darrel H on 12/09/00 at 19:41 (034565)

At the mall the other day someone was selling a product made mostly of eclyptus oil and grape seed oil for relief of pain from heelspurs and PF. It is applied locally. I told them I would to some research. What to you think?

Re: heel pain remedy oil?

Lynda S. on 12/10/00 at 19:04 (034615)

If it is anything like the oil of oregano which was listed as a possible relief, forget it. It did nothing and my feet smelled!

CELIA on 12/11/00 at 10:50 (034677)

Just this past weekend I went to get a pedicure. I begged the lady to skip the massage part and explained that I had PF. She told me about this Vietnamese oil she applied on her knee when it was sore and told me that she would put some one my feet for 'instant' relief. I felt like I had been walking with Vicks VaporRub on my feet all day long! They felt extremely cold and the oil stunk! Sufficed to say, my feet felt worst yesterday than ever before and I didn't do anything this weekend but that stupid pedicure. I'll never do that again!!

Darrel H on 12/12/00 at 17:19 (034782)

Thanks for your comments, I think I'll pass on the (snake oil)

Lynda S. on 12/10/00 at 19:04 (034615)

If it is anything like the oil of oregano which was listed as a possible relief, forget it. It did nothing and my feet smelled!

CELIA on 12/11/00 at 10:50 (034677)

Just this past weekend I went to get a pedicure. I begged the lady to skip the massage part and explained that I had PF. She told me about this Vietnamese oil she applied on her knee when it was sore and told me that she would put some one my feet for 'instant' relief. I felt like I had been walking with Vicks VaporRub on my feet all day long! They felt extremely cold and the oil stunk! Sufficed to say, my feet felt worst yesterday than ever before and I didn't do anything this weekend but that stupid pedicure. I'll never do that again!!

Darrel H on 12/12/00 at 17:19 (034782)

Thanks for your comments, I think I'll pass on the (snake oil)