Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Three Cheers for Dr. Z

Posted by Scott R on 12/11/00 at 08:38 (034663)

I received an 'all-encompassing' complaint about Dr. Z yesterday by anonymous email. I responded, but they didn't write back, so it appears they are another competitor bad-mouthing him for offering ESWT and making a notable appearance on heelspurs.com. Despite his bad grammar and whatever else they may say about him, he isn't hiding behind anonymity to commit bad-mouth others. If any of the negative things they are saying about him or his Orbasone are true, visitors to heelspurs.com who have gone to his office will come back here and let it be known (or at least they'll send me an email that isn't anonymous). Dr. Z is on a hot plate. His competitors would not dare expose themselves so openly to patients. Are they afraid they will not be able to provide as good as service as he? As you can see, I don't appreciate low class anonymous emails that attack others. And to the extent that one must always be allowed to face their accuser, it is illegal. In fact, in a recent legal case, AOL has agreed to identify all its users who commit libel against others. (But that doesn't mean they committed libel, because most of what they said could have been true). But in any event, Dr. Z could require that I turn their email header information over to him so that he can contact AOL.

Re: Three Cheers for Dr. Z...from his adoring staff

Kate on 12/11/00 at 11:10 (034681)

Let anyone complain about Dr.Z, and give me a shot at them.
In all the years I have worked in Medicine, I have never met a Doctor more committed to his patients, their care, and their healing as Dr.Zuckerman. I cannot tell you how many times a day we remind the Doctor to eat his breakfast (which is always cole) eat his lunch (which is always cold). Our office is open 5, sometimes 6 days a week. Most days we begin at 7 not knowing when we'll leave. If a patient comes in without an appointment, they are given the same treatment as someone who has had an appointment for weeks. Our Doctor is not only the best at what he does, but he is the only Doctor I have ever met that does what he does sooooooooo well.
Doctor Z spends about 10 hours a day treating in office patients, and another 2 hours on the phone and God only knows how many hours on the computer.
And when it comes to ESWT, don't get me started.....we post all results, good and bad, we welcome constructive criticism, and go above any beyond to make sure every single patient is treated with the best care, in a warm, comfortable and kind enviornment.
So someone wants to complain, and hide behind a computer screen,
BRING IT ON BABY !
So yes, three cheers to our Doctor, and our patients, and my great staff, and all of the wonderful people on heelspurs.com......

Kate

Laurie R on 12/11/00 at 11:58 (034689)

Hi to all,
This is for Dr.Z and Kate.I would like to thank you both very much for always being there for me . I can't even begin to tell you all ,how many times I have e-mailed Dr.Z with questions about my foot. He ALWAYS e-mailed me backed with an answer. The funny thing is I am not even his patient. He has always took his time out to help me .I think he is so compassionate and caring doctor and an AWESOME person. And Kate is such a wonderful person also. Before my MRI she e-mailed me to help me get through the test. I had so much anxiety and Kate really made me feel better. Again they both took their own time out to help me. I will never forget that ,and they don't even know me. I really appreciate everything you both have done for me. You both are tops in my book. We need more medical people like you both. To bad your so far from where I live. Don't get me wrong I have a wonderful Pod here ,he also is very compassionate and caring and he himself has PF so he understands it really well. My best to both of you . Don't let one person get to you. We all know how good you both are. My very best to both of you wonderful and caring people. Laurie R

Julie F on 12/12/00 at 02:46 (034737)

I think we all feel like that about Dr Z, Laurie, even those who, like myself, have had no personal contact with him. It's been abundantly clear to me in the relatively short time I've 'been here', that he is totally committed to the care not only of his own patients but of everyone in the world whose feet hurt! And it makes me angry too, when people snipe. It's quite astonishing, and really heart-gladdening, to know that there are doctors like him. What really got me was all the time he spent at that internet cafe in Paris when he was supposed to be enjoying himself. But then, he probably was enjoying himself.

Thank you Dr Z, and Kate. My heel is getting better, but my long-term gameplan, if PF lingers or returns, is to fly across the ocean for ESWT (and chocolates).

All the best, Julie

Re: Three Cheers for Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/13/00 at 21:39 (034909)

Well, Scott I have read the hate e- mail. The only thing that does bother me is this so called doctor stating that there is really no skill in ESWT.
He did say that the orbasone was benefical for heel pain. Well let him use this machine and try to locate the area of pathology and direct the focal point to the area of pathology. The focal point is only 5mm. You see that is the easy part, the hard part is the complete evaluation pre and post and usually a complete system of rehabitation. The rest of the e-mail is the typical jealousy type of e-mail.

I would recommend that any doctor using ESWT get the book that was written by the European Society for Shockwave Therapy . Very good book with alot of useful information.

Kate on 12/11/00 at 11:10 (034681)

Let anyone complain about Dr.Z, and give me a shot at them.
In all the years I have worked in Medicine, I have never met a Doctor more committed to his patients, their care, and their healing as Dr.Zuckerman. I cannot tell you how many times a day we remind the Doctor to eat his breakfast (which is always cole) eat his lunch (which is always cold). Our office is open 5, sometimes 6 days a week. Most days we begin at 7 not knowing when we'll leave. If a patient comes in without an appointment, they are given the same treatment as someone who has had an appointment for weeks. Our Doctor is not only the best at what he does, but he is the only Doctor I have ever met that does what he does sooooooooo well.
Doctor Z spends about 10 hours a day treating in office patients, and another 2 hours on the phone and God only knows how many hours on the computer.
And when it comes to ESWT, don't get me started.....we post all results, good and bad, we welcome constructive criticism, and go above any beyond to make sure every single patient is treated with the best care, in a warm, comfortable and kind enviornment.
So someone wants to complain, and hide behind a computer screen,
BRING IT ON BABY !
So yes, three cheers to our Doctor, and our patients, and my great staff, and all of the wonderful people on heelspurs.com......

Kate

Laurie R on 12/11/00 at 11:58 (034689)

Hi to all,
This is for Dr.Z and Kate.I would like to thank you both very much for always being there for me . I can't even begin to tell you all ,how many times I have e-mailed Dr.Z with questions about my foot. He ALWAYS e-mailed me backed with an answer. The funny thing is I am not even his patient. He has always took his time out to help me .I think he is so compassionate and caring doctor and an AWESOME person. And Kate is such a wonderful person also. Before my MRI she e-mailed me to help me get through the test. I had so much anxiety and Kate really made me feel better. Again they both took their own time out to help me. I will never forget that ,and they don't even know me. I really appreciate everything you both have done for me. You both are tops in my book. We need more medical people like you both. To bad your so far from where I live. Don't get me wrong I have a wonderful Pod here ,he also is very compassionate and caring and he himself has PF so he understands it really well. My best to both of you . Don't let one person get to you. We all know how good you both are. My very best to both of you wonderful and caring people. Laurie R

Julie F on 12/12/00 at 02:46 (034737)

I think we all feel like that about Dr Z, Laurie, even those who, like myself, have had no personal contact with him. It's been abundantly clear to me in the relatively short time I've 'been here', that he is totally committed to the care not only of his own patients but of everyone in the world whose feet hurt! And it makes me angry too, when people snipe. It's quite astonishing, and really heart-gladdening, to know that there are doctors like him. What really got me was all the time he spent at that internet cafe in Paris when he was supposed to be enjoying himself. But then, he probably was enjoying himself.

Thank you Dr Z, and Kate. My heel is getting better, but my long-term gameplan, if PF lingers or returns, is to fly across the ocean for ESWT (and chocolates).

All the best, Julie

Re: Three Cheers for Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/13/00 at 21:39 (034909)

Well, Scott I have read the hate e- mail. The only thing that does bother me is this so called doctor stating that there is really no skill in ESWT.
He did say that the orbasone was benefical for heel pain. Well let him use this machine and try to locate the area of pathology and direct the focal point to the area of pathology. The focal point is only 5mm. You see that is the easy part, the hard part is the complete evaluation pre and post and usually a complete system of rehabitation. The rest of the e-mail is the typical jealousy type of e-mail.

I would recommend that any doctor using ESWT get the book that was written by the European Society for Shockwave Therapy . Very good book with alot of useful information.