Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Speaking of treatment

Posted by Pauline on 12/11/00 at 08:43 (034664)

Speaking about ESWT treatment, John could you update us on your recovery after your second treatment with Dr. Z.? If I recall it was John who returned for another round. If I am wrong could who ever went update us.

Re: Speaking of treatment

john h on 12/11/00 at 10:32 (034672)

i had my 2nd treatment in late sep of this year. although i have some ups and downs i think i am a bit better after treatment #2. the improvement did not kick in as fast as after the 1st treatment. it took about 10 weeks to show some improvement. for about 30 out of the past 40 days i have been at a pain level of 2 with occasional days of 2.5-3. i walked about 30 miles on the track in october mostly 2 miles at a time and on two occasions 3 miles. i did regress a little after the 3 mile walks. my plan is to receive a 3rd treatment perhaps in jan or feb depending on how my feet feel. looking back a year ago i am definitely better. a cure to me would be able to jog but i would not try that. i still have this feeling that weather can effect the way my feet feel. no scientific proof just a gut instinct.

Re: I swear the weather....

Violet D. on 12/12/00 at 01:06 (034731)

affected how my feet felt when I was suffering from pf. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. My feet still feel a bit stiff sometimes when I first get up, but Iearned at this site to be very careful. I walk on my toes until I feel my feet and ankles relax. I massage my calf muscles on the bent knee of my opposite leg before I stand up. I stretch. After two and a half years of pf, I can walk anywhere, for any length of time, with no pain! I will NEVER take my feet for granted again.

Re: Speaking of treatment

john h on 12/11/00 at 10:32 (034672)

i had my 2nd treatment in late sep of this year. although i have some ups and downs i think i am a bit better after treatment #2. the improvement did not kick in as fast as after the 1st treatment. it took about 10 weeks to show some improvement. for about 30 out of the past 40 days i have been at a pain level of 2 with occasional days of 2.5-3. i walked about 30 miles on the track in october mostly 2 miles at a time and on two occasions 3 miles. i did regress a little after the 3 mile walks. my plan is to receive a 3rd treatment perhaps in jan or feb depending on how my feet feel. looking back a year ago i am definitely better. a cure to me would be able to jog but i would not try that. i still have this feeling that weather can effect the way my feet feel. no scientific proof just a gut instinct.

Re: I swear the weather....

Violet D. on 12/12/00 at 01:06 (034731)

affected how my feet felt when I was suffering from pf. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. My feet still feel a bit stiff sometimes when I first get up, but Iearned at this site to be very careful. I walk on my toes until I feel my feet and ankles relax. I massage my calf muscles on the bent knee of my opposite leg before I stand up. I stretch. After two and a half years of pf, I can walk anywhere, for any length of time, with no pain! I will NEVER take my feet for granted again.