Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis

Posted by Jan M on 12/12/00 at 16:53 (034779)

If you have the surgry can the ligment grow back?

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/12/00 at 20:56 (034797)

Release of the pf can become painful again after the release.

Karin L. on 12/12/00 at 21:46 (034806)

Jan,
Make sure that IF you have the PF release surgery that your Dr. only releases up to 50% of the plantar fascia. If he releases 100%, you WILL end up with cuboid arthritis not to mention you could end up with more problems than you started with. PF release surgery should not be taken lightly. Look into the OssaTron treatments before you have surgery. My surgery was done only because I also had Tarsal Tunnel. The release was not successful & I still have pain 8 months after surgery. I will let you know how the OssaTron was & if it was successful. I am in the medical field & do not take procedures lightly. These are the only feel I have & they must get the best treatment. Let me know if I can help.
Karin

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/12/00 at 20:56 (034797)

Release of the pf can become painful again after the release.

Karin L. on 12/12/00 at 21:46 (034806)

Jan,
Make sure that IF you have the PF release surgery that your Dr. only releases up to 50% of the plantar fascia. If he releases 100%, you WILL end up with cuboid arthritis not to mention you could end up with more problems than you started with. PF release surgery should not be taken lightly. Look into the OssaTron treatments before you have surgery. My surgery was done only because I also had Tarsal Tunnel. The release was not successful & I still have pain 8 months after surgery. I will let you know how the OssaTron was & if it was successful. I am in the medical field & do not take procedures lightly. These are the only feel I have & they must get the best treatment. Let me know if I can help.
Karin