Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Grandma's Heel Spur Cure

Posted by Grace on 12/12/00 at 17:19 (034781)

Please visit our website to learn about Grandma's Foot and Heel Spur Cure. An Old-Time Remedy that has been passed down through several generations.

http://www.footheelcure.com

Re: Grandma's Heel Spur Cure

Scott R on 12/12/00 at 17:53 (034783)

This some pretty clever marketing. First of all they chose a popular but relatively hidden disease and a popular product for it (something you can rub on). Then they chose the right price: $19.95. Of course, its gradma selling it so you know you can trust it, and there's a good pic of her. Then they've got the simple customer feedback. And then a simple website. Clever. I just can't figure out why someone in Cleveland Ohio is posting for a company in Georgia.

Kim B. on 12/13/00 at 00:22 (034813)

Scott, Maybe it's a Multi-level Marketing Thing.

It appears to me that they have mistaken those of us at heelspurs.com for gullible idiots, when in fact, we are the best informed group or our kind.

I didn't get that it is a 'rub on', as you mentioned. Nice site though. But a waste of web space I believe. If their product was really any good, they should offer proof in the way of somthing like the first 10 of US who respond to their post would get a free supply (enough to cure our feet.) This of course would be on the condition that we would report honestly what our results were. If it worked, they would have more customers than they had ever hoped for. And I wonder if any of those testimonials were made up. There should be a law re: truth in advertising on the web. Maybe there already is. I hope so.

I think I'll start a website too. The best idea I have at the moment is my dearly departed Grandma's coconut cream pie recipe. I just recently found out, according to a family historian, this pie, when rubbed on your feet 3 times a day for 8 weeks will also relieve heel spur discomfort. Plus, if you eat a slice of it 3 times a day for 8 weeks, you can raise your cholesterol levels to the point of needing multiple bypass surgery! You'll be laid up so long you'll completely forget that your feet ever bothered you.

Do you think there is any merit to my idea?? I feel selfish for keeping it to myself all this time. They say there is a sucker born every minute. I really should cash in on this long held family secret.

Web Entrepreneurial,
Kim B.

john a on 12/13/00 at 08:18 (034828)

I didn't even see it mentioned that their 'cure' was something you rub on. I sent them an incredulous email expressing my skepticism.

john a on 12/13/00 at 08:23 (034829)

I'd swear 'she' looks like C. Huey Louie in drag!

Kate on 12/13/00 at 09:17 (034835)

Grandma Zuckerman's cure (her grandson Davy) is still the best cure I know of........

Lori E. on 12/13/00 at 13:27 (034853)

I think the key here to this product is that they DON'T tell you what it really is. What a scam. I am really getting sick of these hucksters toting their scams on our board. I know that it would be censorship if we took their posts off. But perhaps if we ignore them they will just go away. They do track who goes to their websites. If we don't go there maybe they will see that this isn't the place to ply their schemes.

Dr. Huey Lewi on 12/13/00 at 15:58 (034864)

Dear Grand-mother,

I would like to order a full cistern of your fine product, in hope that it will rid me of spur pain. Perhaps you will note that I am a chiropod, and you may recognize my famous name. Normally, I would commence procedures upon myself, but I find surgery a very tricky proposition since I have recently been deceased and must haunt an area that is most typically in total darkness. There is also my added difficulty of being chained to a former U.S. President.

I have high hopes that oil of Estonian Emu has been added to your elixr, for it makes the very finest of spur-creames. While in life, I would let none other than myself squeeze my precious emus for their coveted heel-oil. Please send your sagacious Grandmother my greetings.

I remain most sincerely,

Dr. C. Huey Lewi, DPM

Re: Why are we getting so much spam junk! Yuck!

Beverly on 12/13/00 at 16:55 (034870)

I've been here almost a year, and only in the last couple of weeks have I seen all this spam! Scott, it there a way to block it out?
Beverly

Julie F on 12/14/00 at 08:13 (034932)

I've just caught up with the bulk of this thread. Scott, I think you assumed it was a rub-on because the blurb refers to a 'recipe'.

Or, perhaps it's something you drink....good Lord.

john a on 12/14/00 at 09:25 (034935)

It _is_ apparently something you apply to your feet. This is the body of the email I received from Simplygracie@aol.com in response to my request for more info:

'This is a remedy that has been passed down from my great grandmother and used
for generations. It is a product that is applied to you feet daily and within
two weeks you will see results. It has been on the market for over two years
and with great success. If you have any further questions, please feel free
to contact me.'

As you can see, it still doesn't divulge much of anything.

Julie F on 12/14/00 at 10:16 (034943)

Ah ha! Nancy. So that's what it is. Did you contribute your old orthotics?

Hey, folks, why doesn't one of us be a guinea pig and try out Grandma's foot stew? You never know...

Not me, though. Like fine old wine, the stuff probably doesn't travel.

john h on 12/14/00 at 10:18 (034944)

Grandma looks like she could be related to Dr Huey Lewi.

Scott R on 12/12/00 at 17:53 (034783)

This some pretty clever marketing. First of all they chose a popular but relatively hidden disease and a popular product for it (something you can rub on). Then they chose the right price: $19.95. Of course, its gradma selling it so you know you can trust it, and there's a good pic of her. Then they've got the simple customer feedback. And then a simple website. Clever. I just can't figure out why someone in Cleveland Ohio is posting for a company in Georgia.

Kim B. on 12/13/00 at 00:22 (034813)

Scott, Maybe it's a Multi-level Marketing Thing.

It appears to me that they have mistaken those of us at heelspurs.com for gullible idiots, when in fact, we are the best informed group or our kind.

I didn't get that it is a 'rub on', as you mentioned. Nice site though. But a waste of web space I believe. If their product was really any good, they should offer proof in the way of somthing like the first 10 of US who respond to their post would get a free supply (enough to cure our feet.) This of course would be on the condition that we would report honestly what our results were. If it worked, they would have more customers than they had ever hoped for. And I wonder if any of those testimonials were made up. There should be a law re: truth in advertising on the web. Maybe there already is. I hope so.

I think I'll start a website too. The best idea I have at the moment is my dearly departed Grandma's coconut cream pie recipe. I just recently found out, according to a family historian, this pie, when rubbed on your feet 3 times a day for 8 weeks will also relieve heel spur discomfort. Plus, if you eat a slice of it 3 times a day for 8 weeks, you can raise your cholesterol levels to the point of needing multiple bypass surgery! You'll be laid up so long you'll completely forget that your feet ever bothered you.

Do you think there is any merit to my idea?? I feel selfish for keeping it to myself all this time. They say there is a sucker born every minute. I really should cash in on this long held family secret.

Web Entrepreneurial,
Kim B.

john a on 12/13/00 at 08:18 (034828)

I didn't even see it mentioned that their 'cure' was something you rub on. I sent them an incredulous email expressing my skepticism.

john a on 12/13/00 at 08:23 (034829)

I'd swear 'she' looks like C. Huey Louie in drag!

Kate on 12/13/00 at 09:17 (034835)

Grandma Zuckerman's cure (her grandson Davy) is still the best cure I know of........

Lori E. on 12/13/00 at 13:27 (034853)

I think the key here to this product is that they DON'T tell you what it really is. What a scam. I am really getting sick of these hucksters toting their scams on our board. I know that it would be censorship if we took their posts off. But perhaps if we ignore them they will just go away. They do track who goes to their websites. If we don't go there maybe they will see that this isn't the place to ply their schemes.

Dr. Huey Lewi on 12/13/00 at 15:58 (034864)

Dear Grand-mother,

I would like to order a full cistern of your fine product, in hope that it will rid me of spur pain. Perhaps you will note that I am a chiropod, and you may recognize my famous name. Normally, I would commence procedures upon myself, but I find surgery a very tricky proposition since I have recently been deceased and must haunt an area that is most typically in total darkness. There is also my added difficulty of being chained to a former U.S. President.

I have high hopes that oil of Estonian Emu has been added to your elixr, for it makes the very finest of spur-creames. While in life, I would let none other than myself squeeze my precious emus for their coveted heel-oil. Please send your sagacious Grandmother my greetings.

I remain most sincerely,

Dr. C. Huey Lewi, DPM

Re: Why are we getting so much spam junk! Yuck!

Beverly on 12/13/00 at 16:55 (034870)

I've been here almost a year, and only in the last couple of weeks have I seen all this spam! Scott, it there a way to block it out?
Beverly

Julie F on 12/14/00 at 08:13 (034932)

I've just caught up with the bulk of this thread. Scott, I think you assumed it was a rub-on because the blurb refers to a 'recipe'.

Or, perhaps it's something you drink....good Lord.

john a on 12/14/00 at 09:25 (034935)

It _is_ apparently something you apply to your feet. This is the body of the email I received from Simplygracie@aol.com in response to my request for more info:

'This is a remedy that has been passed down from my great grandmother and used
for generations. It is a product that is applied to you feet daily and within
two weeks you will see results. It has been on the market for over two years
and with great success. If you have any further questions, please feel free
to contact me.'

As you can see, it still doesn't divulge much of anything.

Julie F on 12/14/00 at 10:16 (034943)

Ah ha! Nancy. So that's what it is. Did you contribute your old orthotics?

Hey, folks, why doesn't one of us be a guinea pig and try out Grandma's foot stew? You never know...

Not me, though. Like fine old wine, the stuff probably doesn't travel.

john h on 12/14/00 at 10:18 (034944)

Grandma looks like she could be related to Dr Huey Lewi.