Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

OssaTron

Posted by Doug S on 12/13/00 at 11:42 (034848)

Please inform me of any doctors using this method of treatment for plantar fasiitis in the Portland, Oregon or Southwest Washington State area. Thanks.

Re: OssaTron

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/13/00 at 19:16 (034884)

Hi,

Go to the patient ESWT treatment section and look under ESWT locations.
There is one in LA.

Cindy K. on 12/17/00 at 09:49 (035110)

Today is December 17th, I had both feet done on Friday December the 15th....with the Ossatron. Dr. Marymont, who is located in Houston, was kind enough to realize that the distantce that I have to drive is not condusive to getting both feet done at different times. This morning, I am so grateful that he did both feet. I am excited about the lack of pain in my heels, and feel this was the best decision I could have made.

Fortunatly, my insurance company does pay for this procedure. I was scheduled to have a cut down done, on the 19th by my podiatrist, but to my benefit, found Dr. Marymont and he agreed to see me on December the 15th. I had arranged to have a preop screening done by my family doctor, with lab work that includes a CBC, Bleeding times (ptt), and serology. Along with an EKG and physical exam. Because this was done ahead of time, we were able to get in on Friday for surgery. Bring all your medical records for the Doctors to review before you visit them, it will help expedite the treatment requirements. Be informed about your condition, to help the doctor evaluate you....know the treatments you have undergone, both traditional and nontraditional.

The only difficult thing to this procedure is the 5 hour drive from Houston to Baton Rouge. Although I was under the RX of Darvacet, It was difficult for me to get to a restroom on the way home. We have a folding down back seat which was very helpful and comfortable on the ride back. All said and done, I would do it again, and encourage others to seek this option out before surgical intervention. Today, I am brusied around the ankle, and feel a bit weak in the feet, but can stand and bare full weight on both feet without pain. I am using crutches, and feel that this was a noneventful procedure, with good results. I will keep you posted as I continue to heal. I am requried to wear my orthotics when walking,as not to reinjure the tendon.

Keep your eyes open this week, Dr. Marymont will be on national news about this procedure. There is hope....don't give up....

Cindy K.

Martha B. on 12/17/00 at 10:58 (035116)

GOOD FOR YOU Cindy-I am a big ossatron fan too since having my prodedure Sept of 1999 in Toronto.I continue to do very well. I must be a big baby because the last 3 minutes of the ossatron hurt like heck for me.I am glad it didnt bother you. I would do it again without hesitation for the pain relief it has given me. There is hope WITHOUT surgery.

Scott R on 12/17/00 at 11:31 (035118)

Cidy, if you want to keep us and other posted about your progress, please consider filling in your information for the database located at
http://heelspurs.com/eswt/patients.cgi?go=add&id=64

JudyS on 12/18/00 at 11:13 (035147)

Cindy - what insurance provider do you have? Would you be able to get copies of documentation used by them to justify their coverage of ESWT?

Congratulations on your treatment - keep us posted!
JS

Cindy K on 12/20/00 at 04:22 (035239)

Hi Judy,

It is all too early to give you the details on how much was actually picked up by the insurance company. IT was an EPO provider (Group Benifits of Louisiana) and they accepted the CPT code of 28899. this is a miscellaneous code for surgery. I was told on several occasions (by the insurance company) the will pick up 80% of the Surgery.
Hope this helps,
Cindy K.

Cindy K. on 12/21/00 at 21:47 (035272)

I want to thank Martha and others that have written to me, with their encouragement in the healing process. I said I would be back with up dates. Although my doctor gave me vague instructions on postop instructions, I am feeling as if I am exploring new ground for myself. I went to work on Monday, no longer on Darvocet, and worked a few hours...Increased the time daily...but stayed off my feet. I used crutches, and feel that wore me out more so than the actual surgical recovery.

Today, I am using only one crutch and feel pretty good. I decided to see what impact my crutches were doing, so I weighed myself then applied weight on the crutch to find that it took about 40 pounds off my feet. Surely, that has more impact in the healing process.

I have minimum heel pain today. I am anxious to start up my exercise program for my feet, but think I have to wait until I see my doctor two weeks postop. If anyone has experiance on how soon I should start my streaching exersice please let me know. Dr.Z?? any thoughts...or am I pushing my self too much?

I still have bruising around my ankles the swelling is minimum....I noticed on one foot I had about 15 needle marks all over the dorsal part of my left foot...on my right foot I had about two.....is that normal?? Or did they have difficulty with the ankle block...and why would that be on my dorsal part of my foot...shouldn't that be on the lateral side of the ankle? Oh well, why second guess if the results are good but I still wonder.

I am again thankful for Dr.'Z' and his work on this sight. It is refreshing to see professionals come out of the closet and work with the general public 8-}.

I will keep you posted and thank you to those who have written me.
Cindy K.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/13/00 at 19:16 (034884)

Hi,

Go to the patient ESWT treatment section and look under ESWT locations.
There is one in LA.

Cindy K. on 12/17/00 at 09:49 (035110)

Today is December 17th, I had both feet done on Friday December the 15th....with the Ossatron. Dr. Marymont, who is located in Houston, was kind enough to realize that the distantce that I have to drive is not condusive to getting both feet done at different times. This morning, I am so grateful that he did both feet. I am excited about the lack of pain in my heels, and feel this was the best decision I could have made.

Fortunatly, my insurance company does pay for this procedure. I was scheduled to have a cut down done, on the 19th by my podiatrist, but to my benefit, found Dr. Marymont and he agreed to see me on December the 15th. I had arranged to have a preop screening done by my family doctor, with lab work that includes a CBC, Bleeding times (ptt), and serology. Along with an EKG and physical exam. Because this was done ahead of time, we were able to get in on Friday for surgery. Bring all your medical records for the Doctors to review before you visit them, it will help expedite the treatment requirements. Be informed about your condition, to help the doctor evaluate you....know the treatments you have undergone, both traditional and nontraditional.

The only difficult thing to this procedure is the 5 hour drive from Houston to Baton Rouge. Although I was under the RX of Darvacet, It was difficult for me to get to a restroom on the way home. We have a folding down back seat which was very helpful and comfortable on the ride back. All said and done, I would do it again, and encourage others to seek this option out before surgical intervention. Today, I am brusied around the ankle, and feel a bit weak in the feet, but can stand and bare full weight on both feet without pain. I am using crutches, and feel that this was a noneventful procedure, with good results. I will keep you posted as I continue to heal. I am requried to wear my orthotics when walking,as not to reinjure the tendon.

Keep your eyes open this week, Dr. Marymont will be on national news about this procedure. There is hope....don't give up....

Cindy K.

Martha B. on 12/17/00 at 10:58 (035116)

GOOD FOR YOU Cindy-I am a big ossatron fan too since having my prodedure Sept of 1999 in Toronto.I continue to do very well. I must be a big baby because the last 3 minutes of the ossatron hurt like heck for me.I am glad it didnt bother you. I would do it again without hesitation for the pain relief it has given me. There is hope WITHOUT surgery.

Scott R on 12/17/00 at 11:31 (035118)

Cidy, if you want to keep us and other posted about your progress, please consider filling in your information for the database located at
http://heelspurs.com/eswt/patients.cgi?go=add&id=64

JudyS on 12/18/00 at 11:13 (035147)

Cindy - what insurance provider do you have? Would you be able to get copies of documentation used by them to justify their coverage of ESWT?

Congratulations on your treatment - keep us posted!
JS

Cindy K on 12/20/00 at 04:22 (035239)

Hi Judy,

It is all too early to give you the details on how much was actually picked up by the insurance company. IT was an EPO provider (Group Benifits of Louisiana) and they accepted the CPT code of 28899. this is a miscellaneous code for surgery. I was told on several occasions (by the insurance company) the will pick up 80% of the Surgery.
Hope this helps,
Cindy K.

Cindy K. on 12/21/00 at 21:47 (035272)

I want to thank Martha and others that have written to me, with their encouragement in the healing process. I said I would be back with up dates. Although my doctor gave me vague instructions on postop instructions, I am feeling as if I am exploring new ground for myself. I went to work on Monday, no longer on Darvocet, and worked a few hours...Increased the time daily...but stayed off my feet. I used crutches, and feel that wore me out more so than the actual surgical recovery.

Today, I am using only one crutch and feel pretty good. I decided to see what impact my crutches were doing, so I weighed myself then applied weight on the crutch to find that it took about 40 pounds off my feet. Surely, that has more impact in the healing process.

I have minimum heel pain today. I am anxious to start up my exercise program for my feet, but think I have to wait until I see my doctor two weeks postop. If anyone has experiance on how soon I should start my streaching exersice please let me know. Dr.Z?? any thoughts...or am I pushing my self too much?

I still have bruising around my ankles the swelling is minimum....I noticed on one foot I had about 15 needle marks all over the dorsal part of my left foot...on my right foot I had about two.....is that normal?? Or did they have difficulty with the ankle block...and why would that be on my dorsal part of my foot...shouldn't that be on the lateral side of the ankle? Oh well, why second guess if the results are good but I still wonder.

I am again thankful for Dr.'Z' and his work on this sight. It is refreshing to see professionals come out of the closet and work with the general public 8-}.

I will keep you posted and thank you to those who have written me.
Cindy K.