Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

calves feel like wood

Posted by wanda m on 12/13/00 at 15:09 (034861)

hello, i have tt in both feet and have had it for 3yrs. I was a very active woman walking 10 miles a day. I am 51 not overweigh (well some) but did all the things everyone talks about on here. I got to a point where i could stand the pain and do some walking but still cant stand for over 1o min at a time thats when pain shoots up my whole legs.
Now my calves feel so tight and real hard, and my feet have started tingleing and burning again. I started streching again. I am not doing anything any different to make this happen. I am getting so down in the dumps again for i dont want to go back to the way i was. I am going to see new dr mon. so will talk this over with him also. Just wondering if u had any suggestions. thank u and MERRY CHRISTMAS GOD BLESS

Re: calves feel like wood

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/13/00 at 19:50 (034891)

Please tell me more about the type of stretching you are doing.???

wanda m on 12/15/00 at 10:04 (035017)

hey doc. the calves of my legs are so tight till they feel like wood and its like they are crying out stretch stretch!!!!!!!!!! i get into a runners position one foot infront of the other knee over and even with toes and lean up againts the wall, arms about chest high. i feel like i am going backwards again. It had got to the point as to where i was having almost a normal life again atleast dealing with the curse. I cant figure out why my feet feel like it did 3 yrs ago, they are hurting in the heel and awful burning and tingling and thats when i have to ice and just set down.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/13/00 at 19:50 (034891)

Please tell me more about the type of stretching you are doing.???

wanda m on 12/15/00 at 10:04 (035017)

hey doc. the calves of my legs are so tight till they feel like wood and its like they are crying out stretch stretch!!!!!!!!!! i get into a runners position one foot infront of the other knee over and even with toes and lean up againts the wall, arms about chest high. i feel like i am going backwards again. It had got to the point as to where i was having almost a normal life again atleast dealing with the curse. I cant figure out why my feet feel like it did 3 yrs ago, they are hurting in the heel and awful burning and tingling and thats when i have to ice and just set down.