Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Jay and stretching.

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 12/13/00 at 19:45 (034890)

Hi,

i am sorry about the lack of no with stetching . Take a look at mike wilmott book on isometic stetching. It is on the product page. Don't try to stretch the pf with a ball, stairs. It will be like putting salt into the wound. Could cause alot of pain. Now if you get your achilles tendon and extenosr tendons stretched non-weight bearing with a device such as the personal foot trainer and it is reducing pain not increasing pain then you are going in the right directions

Re: Jay and stretching.

Jay H. on 12/13/00 at 20:22 (034899)

Hey Dr. Z!

Sorry, I didnt mean to raise all that concern. I am greatful that so many people are worried about others! It seems that there are nice people in the world after all. So what I can gather from all this talk is that I should NOT stretch, and should just wait for the tendon to heal. As for the plane, just wear loose shoes and relax. I should have the emergency exit seat, so that shouldnt be a problem.

As I had said, its only been 5 weeks or so, so I will wait to see if the surgery worked. My Dr is not so optimistic. My heal is still tender to touch, and he is concerned that the spur is still doing damage.. I will keep you all informed! You have been a great help! Thanks again,

Jay

Julie F on 12/14/00 at 00:44 (034923)

Hi Jay, I posted a message a minute ago on the first thread before reading that you'll be getting the emergency exit seat. That's great.

Don't worry too much at this stage. 5 weeks is nothing. Give yourself time to heal, and do look into Mile Wilmot's Personal Foot Trainer as recommended by the good Dr Z.

All the best, Julie

Jay H. on 12/13/00 at 20:22 (034899)

Hey Dr. Z!

Sorry, I didnt mean to raise all that concern. I am greatful that so many people are worried about others! It seems that there are nice people in the world after all. So what I can gather from all this talk is that I should NOT stretch, and should just wait for the tendon to heal. As for the plane, just wear loose shoes and relax. I should have the emergency exit seat, so that shouldnt be a problem.

As I had said, its only been 5 weeks or so, so I will wait to see if the surgery worked. My Dr is not so optimistic. My heal is still tender to touch, and he is concerned that the spur is still doing damage.. I will keep you all informed! You have been a great help! Thanks again,

Jay

Julie F on 12/14/00 at 00:44 (034923)

Hi Jay, I posted a message a minute ago on the first thread before reading that you'll be getting the emergency exit seat. That's great.

Don't worry too much at this stage. 5 weeks is nothing. Give yourself time to heal, and do look into Mile Wilmot's Personal Foot Trainer as recommended by the good Dr Z.

All the best, Julie