Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Possible PF and weight?

Posted by Hannah on 12/14/00 at 00:51 (034925)

When my mother died, I became very depressed and gained 100 lbs in one year (not a misprint). I am still overweight, but slowly losing. That same year, I took a trip overseas which was a very active trip, and walked constantly for three weeks. I also am not one that likes shoes. I wear flat sandals probably 8 months out of the year if I can get away with it, and did so on this walking trip. When I returned from my trip overseas, my heels hurt in the morning when I got out of bed. This was sudden onset-- had never had heel pain in my life. That was four years ago, and it has not stopped. I am now planning a visit to a podiatrist as I am now getting some pain other times than just in the morning and also some shooting pains. My question is: when I lose all the extra weight, and get back to healthy weight, might the heel pain resolve? I am 30.
Thanks very much. Hannah

Re: Possible PF and weight?

Dr. Biehler on 12/14/00 at 16:19 (034959)

Mabe and mabe not. There are a lot of different causes to heel pain. You will know a lot more after you find out what is causeing yours. Dr. Biehler

Re: Possible PF and weight?

Dr. Biehler on 12/14/00 at 16:19 (034959)

Mabe and mabe not. There are a lot of different causes to heel pain. You will know a lot more after you find out what is causeing yours. Dr. Biehler